free website stats program lowering a ultra | Harley Davidson Forums

lowering a ultra

todchi

I would like to buy a Bagger, problem is I'm only 5' 3". We lowered a friends
05 ultra by putting lowering brackets on the shocks. Problem was it still was not low enough to back the bike up. I would like to by a 07 or newer so I get
the 6 speed trans. Is there a way to do this so I am flat footed or am I just dreaming.

Thanks todchi

I would like to buy a Bagger, problem is I'm only 5' 3". We lowered a friends
05 ultra by putting lowering brackets on the shocks. Problem was it still was not low enough to back the bike up. I would like to by a 07 or newer so I get
the 6 speed trans. Is there a way to do this so I am flat footed or am I just dreaming.

Thanks todchi

Yes you can BUT lowering blocks on the shocks puts them at a severe angle, they do not rebound full travel and it is harder on the internals, be sure to check your kick stand angle and readjust your belt. You may try a reach set and thicker soled boots:s Chassis, Suspension and Front End | Archive | HDTimeline.Com Have a look in here and Welcome to The Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Jack, try a reach seat. Lowering affects the ride negatively.

Street Glide or Road Glide Custom rear shocks (12") in the back, a progressive drop in kit in the front and a reach seat. It'll cost you a little but you will like the results.

I just replaced the front fork (shocks) on my '03 with the '06 configuration (no cartridge in the left side). I used the HD lowering kit on the front, and the lowered shocks on the back that have the air adjustment. This lowers the bike about 3/4-1". I also have a REACH seat. With both of these mods, I am flat footed on the bike when stopped. I am 5'-6" with 30" inseam.

TQ

Just got done doing a air ride on my 1999 ultra, still gotta do the wiring & plumbing, but once that is done you can raise & lower it on demand. Drops way down, to the point when it is on the side stand it is almost vertical. Parts run around 200.00-220.00 to do & I just rode it to work today (40 miles round trip) & the bumps that were really harsh were smooth. If you want to know more about it, I can post about it.

Toby

Back