free website stats program Lower the Handlebars | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower the Handlebars

szwick

I have a xl883, 2003. I want to bring the handlebars in closer and lower them a bit. What do I need to get that accomplished? I also have a bar mounted windshield and seems that I would probably need to get a fork mounted. I dont know why I think that but in my eyes it doesnt seem that this would work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I just dont want to go into the dealer with no idea of what I would be looking for.

What bars do you have on there now? If you make any major height changes, you may generally need to change, lengthen or shorten all your cables (throttle, clutch, electrical). If your change height is minimal, you can probably use all the same cables and such.

I currently have the original bars. I'm not looking for a big change just want them a bit closer and lower.

Hello,
i also have a 883 l with original bars. I couldn't reach at all because my arms are so short. We put a 4 1/2 " pull back riser and rolled the bars down a little. We did not have to change the cables but did have to extend one of the wires/lines not sure which or what. I can now reach and ride pretty comfortably. 5' you would have to rewire everything. Good luck.

what I think is you must change all these things if it is really necessary because you see the original is original. :)

But I still appreciate the suggestions from others members as well.

Noddy

Back