free website stats program Low RPM irritating 'chirp'/'squeak' from batwing - 15K miles | Harley Davidson Forums

Low RPM irritating 'chirp'/'squeak' from batwing - 15K miles

CRCKR

OK, yeah, I'm a little hyper...and one of the things that bothers me most is noises that should not be there.

My '18 StreetGlide has (edit, I wrote had) this annoying chirp when I'm running in town which, if I push on the inside or pull on the outside of the fairing itself, stops. It SEEMS that when I'm going faster it stops which may be because of the air pushing back on it or the fact that I just cannot hear it anymore with the wind ripping around me.

Question: Think this will be a warranty case? I shoved a coozie between the bars and the fairing and that stopped it but that is something that I did on my 88 FLHT in 2001... I don't want to have to resort to that kind of strategy for the rest of this bike's life.

Last edited:
It should be a warranty item, but in my opinion you will get it properly fixed quicker if you remove the outer fairing yourself. very straight forward process, no wiring involved. Then you can check to see if the fairing gasket has slipped, or if something inside is rubbing.

The lenses on my gauges on my 2015 Street Glide buzzed pretty loudly between 1800-2000 rpm's.Drove me nuts.Tried tightening the plastic brackets,nothing worked.It's all plastic in there,over tightening would just strip them out.Got a Road Glide,closer handlebars,no buzzing.Just some wind whistling when the vents are closed.Good luck describing and locating.

Well...even if it was warranty it ain't any more! On my way to work this AM I came around a switchback and there were two deer standing in the middle of the road. One went low and the other went high. Knowing that when they do this one of them usually turns around and chases his friend I slowed WAY down. When it got to the point where I heard someone in a car coming around that blind corner I gave it a little gas and POP out comes that deer, just like I expected.... Laid the bike down just because I could not get my foot down in time. GREAT>....

Booo on that, hope you are ok and the bike doesn't cost too much to fix, and as flusher says "deer in the freezer"

Back