free website stats program Low Rider Top Speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Rider Top Speed

FXDL4ME

I did something really crazy, for me anyway, (I'm 65 years old). Yesterday. I was out riding with my buddy, and we decided to do a little "roll on" race while going about 55 mph. We both took off and he stayed with me until about 75 (he has a 1200 Sportster) and I held my bike wide open and left him far behind. I knew I was going pretty fast, and when I looked down at my speedometer I was going 100 mph. I had a lot of throttle left, so I was wondering just what is the top speed of the new Low Rider. I have the Stage One, Fat Cat exhaust, SE Heavy Breather, 103". This is the first time I've really opened the bike up, and was surprised how quickly I got to 100. I don't plan on doing that again, so I was wondering if anyone has "topped out" their 103" Dyna, and just how fast will it go?

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday, I had my 07 Streetbob wound out to 100 and had some wick left, your bike is heavier than mine was I am impressed ;)

I was impressed too. I didn't look down at the speedo until I got ready to let off the throttle, and I was kinda shocked I was going that fast. Can't find any specs on the 103 Dyna top speed anywhere.

Happy belated birthday. On my 2008 96" stock Electra Glide top speed for it based on speedo and not GPS was a solid 112 and not a notch faster. So with the bigger engine and a bike that almost 200 pounds lighter I would bet it will top out at approx. 125............:eek:
And just so you know, you are not crazy but digging the ride.....;)

My old stock 80 cubic inch 1985 low rider went 112 downhill with my head tucked down. I will hit a hundred or so now but never stay there, just going through the gears and havin fun!

Back