free website stats program Loud rear brake at slow speeds | Harley Davidson Forums

Loud rear brake at slow speeds

tunes

08 streetglide, when slowing with the rear brake she sounds like a truck stopping. I know there was a recall notice but don't want to be down for shop time. What can I do to fix?

You can take it to a dealer or you can fix it yourself , about $60 for HD replacement pads & about 20 minutes labor . Put new HD pads on myself & it took care of my brake noise .

Dealer did recall on my 08 Ultra, took them all of 1/2 hr. They didn't replace my pads just put some kind of a paste on it. My understanding on it was that was the replacement part "paste" not new pads.
Anyway it fixed mine no noise what so ever.

Well raining here all day so I picked up some paste, and applied it, easy enough to take apart for sure. Hope that does it, will find out in the morning. Thanks to all.

The anti squeal paste did as described. Pulled the pads and applied it the same as in the recall and problem gone for now. If it stays away for the season great, simple enough to do again if it comes back only took about 20 min

My brand new 09 RK had a rear brake that sounded like it was worn out shortly after I got it. By shortly I mean about an hour. I thought that maybe the pads just needed to wear in. Folks on this forum talk about how the Brembo brakes are just loud so I let it go for 800+ miles. I finally took it in to the dealer and they fixed the problem. The anti-seize paste seems to work. A couple of hundred miles later the brake only makes noise when it gets hot in stop and go traffic and even then it is nothing more than I'd expect.

John

Back