free website stats program Lost FOB | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost FOB

scrootertrash

I bought a used 2007 FLHT after rehabing from an amputation I finally got to ride again. To my dismay I lost the fob while out on a ride, it's a good thing I did not stop the engine anywhere, when I got home I found out I had lost it because the bike would not start. I contacted the person that I bought it from and he said he could not remember what the code was to start it manually. I called the dealer where it was bought from, because I was not the original owner they refused me any information. I bought a new fob but my local dealer wants over $300.00 to retrieve the code and reprogram the new fob. My question is, is there a way I can at least retrieve the original code from the ECM, without going through the dealer. Any considerations would be greatly appreciated. Respectfully scrootertrash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved your post out of the Self Help section and into a thread of its own in an attempt to generate a greater number of helpful responses.

If the previous owner didn't reset it I would start by trying the last 5 digits of your vin# to override the security system. Next try 11111 or 33333 these seems to be favorites if the dealer changes from the factory setting.

Here is how to do the manual disarm:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-1996.html

My '07 code was set as the last 5 digits of vin, backwards. Remember zeros won't work. There is a procedure to replace your security module (turn signal security module) with a non security module. About $120 at dealer, or in the $30 range on Ebay.

With the title in hand and proper identification I see no reason the dealer won't give you the info you need.

With the title in hand and proper identification I see no reason the dealer won't give you the info you need.

Just to add, you won't be able to get the dealership to help you over the phone. With the above mentioned paperwork and in person contact with the dealer should resolve the ownership issue. Good luck.

The owners manual will show you how to retrieve your pin number and change it

---. I contacted the person that I bought it from and he said he could not remember what the code was to start it manually. . Respectfully scrootertrash.

Possibly a stupid question, but did you ask the previous owner if he had TWO Fobs?

The bike should've come with two and if it did,he ought to have given both to you. But you never know--

Back