free website stats program Loose Detachable Rest Fix | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose Detachable Rest Fix

Chasman

Anyone have the problem of a loose detachable rest? It used to fit tight, now it has begun to rattle like a fiend at speed. There is now some play in the mounting; everything seems to be there.

Chasman, there is a spring steel half moon oval washer between the peg pivot and the peg square boss that tensions the assembly and gives the peg the "over-center latching feel". The peg mounting pin assy is $12 for a pair (in chrome).

HD also make a "Bullet Chrome" nut and bolt kit if you want to tension the assembly tighter if you do not use it that often for the same price. If you want to go "simple" you can use a thin metal shim washer out of brass or copper to wedge in between.

I think chasman is talking about docking hardware for detachable passenger sissy bar. I have installed many that feel loose and rattle from the start. I know that would drive me nuts if it were my bike. Dont know of any fix though. mine rattles a little if i have no passenger, but i just take it off when ridin solo. A friend of mine wrapped some black elect. tape around the mount but it doesnt last long.

Back