free website stats program Looking for trailering tips | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for trailering tips

Rent a bigger car??? Truck?

That Might work... Rent a Trailer???? that might work???

Maybe Ride the bike???

IT is warm here and cool mornings and cool evenings for a month or so yet...

Now that is in Az.

You have to get Here FIRST for the Warmth.:D:worthy

signed....BUBBIE

Appreciate so much everyone's comments. Very helpful info from all. Looks like I would be really pushing it by using the Jetta to tow. Load limit is about 1500 pounds and with a decent covered trailer and the weight of the bike I would easily exceed it. Have to look for alternatives. Maybe a bike in both places?

This might be another alternative for your smaller car: Stinger Trailer | Folding Motorcycle Trailers

ICE,

I think you may have saved his day...

The only thing I would add to this is mud flaps on the car, a good soft tight cover for the bike, then puttiing inside the car; windscreen,saddlebags...

Looks good and there are plenty of Used type trailers for sale around for Not much $$.. with Big tires on them to boot.:D

I think you'd be within your tow Limit area with No Lugging of the car, it should work just fine:s

signed....BUBBIE

I always found it reassuring that I had the bike on the trailer. Car trouble or something ...unload the bike and get er down the road.

Hoople made a very good point to use a wheel chock, I have the cheap one from HF and it works great. 2 ratchet straps on the front fork, 2 more on the swing arm upright, none overly tight just snug.
I just made a trip to Arkansas and back and the roads in some places were not the best, saw the trailer bouncing around a lot but the bike stayed very stable.

I've done the wife drive the truck and me ride the bike holiday. Kinda bad for her. I like the looks of that Stinger folding trailer. Cheap and seems well made. Folds up for easy storage. And you could tow it with a car! WOW

Back