free website stats program Looking for Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for Pipes

AugMan

Account Removed
I have a 2001 FXD with stock pipes, but no baffles. I have the stage one air cleaner and have had the carb rejeted. I am looking for a good quality but inexpencencive ste of pipes. Not Drag Pipes. A nice deep rumble and good tone. I am on a buget and need help. Thanks.:D

I have a 2001 FXD with stock pipes, but no baffles. I have the stage one air cleaner and have had the carb rejeted. I am looking for a good quality but inexpencencive ste of pipes. Not Drag Pipes. A nice deep rumble and good tone. I am on a buget and need help. Thanks.:D

from the engine back or looking for slip-ons ??

engine back would be great, but i may have to settle for slip ons. A header pipe is a header pipe right?

Cycle shack has some decent slipons and not too expensive. I like the older SE II slipons. The head pipes on these bikes are fine, don't need to be changed.

hi there my name is mike and i have few diff set off pipes for my 2006 fatboy one set is from a screaming eagle fat boy and the other or stage two screaming eagle pipes for my fatboy. can you make them fit you can have them for 100 dollar pluse what every shipping is from where you are.

The pipes would fit but the mounting is where the problem is. The softy mount is a stud and the FX is a slide channel. With a bit of rigging, you may get them to work but I wouldn't suggest it, you may loose them when you ride.

Aug Man: welcome to the forum. As far as pipes go, I have also been looking for an inexpensive alternative to stock and the additional wrinkle for me is that I like the sound of stock but would like something a little louder and something that didn't look like a slip on pipe. For me the search continues, but a friend recently had the Sreamin' Eagle set put on his Wide Glide and loves them and it did not break the bank to do so. He swears that they are louder and he is happy, but for the life of me, I cannot tell the difference except the slash cuts look very cool. I wish you the best and will look forward to other answers to your question as they may contain the info that I am looking for. :bigsmiley23:

John

You'll also find that there is a difference in sound between the slash cuts and the taper tips with the taper tips being quieter than the slash cuts of the same brand. The new SE pipes are barely louder than stock but the older SE II were much louder.

Back