free website stats program Looking for fatter streched tank for 07 Sportster | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for fatter streched tank for 07 Sportster

hello all, I've been searching online and thru this site for a source that provides bolt on tanks for a 07 883...everything I have found stops at 06? Is that because of the introduction to EFI? I wanna lower my sporty fatten out the tank and add a springer solo seat and paint the Tins army green giving it that old school "war" bike look with a new twist....I was orginally going to sell the sporty and just keep the 09 Road King but now I"m having second thoughts, now I have all these idea's of 1200 conversions and I really like blacked out engine look as well, could my engine be painted for that blackout look? As far as mechnically inlined, I can change fluids, follow instuctions for remove old parts bolt on new parts...I have no experience with actually custom work....but I guess that can be overcome with $$$$..(which I don't have ton of either ) LOL .I'd also like to see a big bad fat tire on the back....I'd need a new swingarm and fenders...but could I use the orginal drive belt?? on other customs I've seen chains instead of the drive belt, what's the benifit of chain over belt? wow this post kind of turned into a thousand question ramble, just curious on so many questions I have, just would like to see this dream turn to reality sometime soon.
My Harley shop guy has a building loaded with stuff. PM me and I will give you his shop phone number. You might talk to him, he may have just what you want. trickydoc.

Back