free website stats program Looking for a windshield | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a windshield

I guess I have read something on all the windshields that will fit my Road Glide. Seems I have only gotten myself more confused. I need some input from you. Here's is the deal...

5'7' tall
Don't like to look through windshield
Want the most wind protection / least buffeting
Don't really like dark windshields

My three favorites not in any order
Cee Baily
Wind Vest
Klockworks

Also looked at:
Clearview
Kuryakan
HD standard replacement
Rifle

Thanks in advance!!

I'm 5'10" and ride an 05 Roadglide. I've tried the stock and tall HD, 12" Klockworks, and the 14" Clearview recurve. Stock HD wind hit me at about the forehead, tall I was looking thru. Klockworks wind hit me right in the eyes. Clearview takes the wind about 2" over my head and works great. Clearview makes their windshields in several heights and in clear or tints. The clearview is the last windshield I'll have to buy.

Thanks for all the reply's. I do like the Clearview but I heard the chrome windshield trim won't work with it. Anyone else heard this?

Respects...Joe

Thanks for all the reply's. I do like the Clearview but I heard the chrome windshield trim won't work with it. Anyone else heard this?

Respects...Joe

Once I read the info on the Clearview for the third time I found out the chrome trim will work with it. They sell a kit for $14.00 to make it possible.

I used the Klockwerks & I liked the style then I switched to a Windvest . I like the Windvest much more than the Klockwerks because the Windvest performs better & looks great IMO , both windshield are 12" & I am 5ft 9 . The stock HD windshield is awful IMO , I also have a 6" HD windshield that is worthless for anything but looks . The pic without the backrest is the Klockwerks windshield the pic with the backrest is the windvest windshield .

Attachments

• S7300529.jpg
    S7300529.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 45
  • S7300754.jpg
    S7300754.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 42
I used the Klockwerks & I liked the style then I switched to a Windvest . I like the Windvest much more than the Klockwerks because the Windvest performs better & looks great IMO , both windshield are 12" & I am 5ft 9 . The stock HD windshield is awful IMO , I also have a 6" HD windshield that is worthless for anything but looks . The pic without the backrest is the Klockwerks windshield the pic with the backrest is the windvest windshield .

Good looking scoot!.

With everything I have heard and read, I am trying to decide between the Clearview and the Windvest.

I am 5'8" and ride an 06 Road Glide with a Reach seat and a Clearview small with light tint. I find it is 90% better than the stock shield. Very smooth from stop to about 45mph, between 45 and 65mph there is some buffeting which lessens as speed increases. At 75 to 80 the ride is good again. I can comfortably see over the shield in the rain and it is rock solid where the stock shield shock like it had the DTs, especially at idle.

If I had to do it over I would get the stock or medium height with the light tint. If you look at the web site there is a button called "view available inventory" when you bring that up scroll to the bottom and they have some slightly blemished shields. They are sold at a discount and are available for immediate delivery.

Good luck, hope you find just the right one for your needs. Also, I think someone mentioned that air coming up from under the fairing may be part of the problem and I have been thinking about trying to block that somehow. The Gold Wing (hope that "dirty" word doesn't get me a spanking :small3d023: LOL) the dash prevents air from coming up.

At least I've got a project to keep me busy till the snow is gone.

Back