free website stats program Looking at new 2011 road king | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking at new 2011 road king

I really had a Hard Time with myself when looking at NEW bikes, Knowing that My days on the FXDS bikes were numbered (two, a 97 sold to get the 2ooo, both bought new), ....
NEEDING a different Touring type bike for retirement, and NOT wanting to keep another bike other than a sport 06 1200 R. Full time.Traded off 00 FXDS for a new 09 KING.

I wanted a BIKE that Looked LIKE a bike (the KING does)..I am old school and never wanted a OLD Geezer Bike (sorry geezer EH.) Fairings and Stereo to me, are called Garbage.... *( Oooooo,, can i feel the Ruffled Feathers here):lolrolling

Bikes to me have to look like BIKES of the older days.... Sit on it, straight up and down and Ride it,,,, Just to Listen to IT and Enjoy the Ride, HD's Make all the Music to my ears that I need.

I can't imagine ME on a bike touting a Big stereo system that blast all the good RIDE SOUNDS away ..
Don't get me wrong, I love music, Loud music and I played professional for number of years.

I only want to be on a bike that IS a Real Bike.IMHO

so I chose the KING..

All this boils down to a final statement.;

Lucky, You Made a GREAT CHOICE in my book.:D

signed....BUBBIE
OK .... so it's a Road King for you .... which one and why? Classic or Standard or Custom? I'm really just curious.

I personally would prefer the standard over the classic only because of lockable bags, if the classic bags were lockable - i'd choose it. Don't like the Custom because I do like the driving lights.

Bill

I traded my 2007 Kawi Vulcan 900 Classic in this Spring for a new (2010) Road King Classic. I was fed up with the Kawasaki after the dreaded stator failure and repair, and 2 factory recalls . No more metric for me. :no

I wish I had bought the road King in the first place. There is no comparison to the comfort, handeling, and power of the HD RK vs. the Vulcan 900 (notwithstanding the displacement difference). What I did have to get used to was the weight difference going from the Vulcan to the RK. You will need a few rides to adjust to that. I hope you enjoy your new RK as much as I'm lovin' mine! The Vulcan will seem like a toy in comparison and you'll wonder how you evet put up with that buzzy engine at highway speeds.

Don't forget to post pics! :bigsmiley12:

WAP.gif

I have a detachable fairing for my RK for the long highway trips.
Take it off for around town , so I couldn't be happier
WAP.gif

I doubt if this is supported by a visit to the NADA site. Probably just a byproduct of how much RK owners love their bikes - they tend to think they're worth more!
You're probably right there Doc, I never really looked at the NADA prices or KBB, that is just what I have noticed when I have been shopping around. I don't shop much now, (I don't really want to find one.....hubby says the funds aren't available right now....), since he is doing a fine job at balancing the books, I won't argue.....we don't owe for anything but one house, so I won't argue with him. :D

Who me? :bigsmiley11:

Road kings are worth more than any other harley, especially the blue ones. :lolrolling

Back