free website stats program "Long time listener, first time caller." | Harley Davidson Forums

"Long time listener, first time caller."

fxrsrider

Hey there gals and guys. I have to confess...I've been a registered member of this forum for over a year but have never contributed. Not because I'm a deadbeat, but because I'm very new to bikes and Harleys all together. So (another confession), for now I'm officially a newbie and need a lot more help with very little experience to contribute (help of my own)........for now.

My first Harley (acquired about two years ago) is an '88 FXRS. It has a Softail front end and forward controls, Fatboy front wheel and tire, 160 rear wheel/tire (original swing arm), Bourget brake and clutch levers (original calipers), custom Works suspension, Mikuni carb, and RB 2into1 exhaust. I had the Evo's top end rebuilt (new pistons, powder coated inside and out, re-honed, etc.) about a year ago and added an Andrew's EV3 cam and a new OE cam cover. I also had the starter replaced with a Spyke high torque starter. No original handlebar controls, no turn signals, no speedo, key ignition, etc... .....believe it or not, I am the third owner and have the original HD dealer bill of sale, owners manual, etc.......a close friend bought the bike before me. I really enjoy the bike but haven't done any work on it apart from installing the RB exhaust.

My second Harley is a 2010 Denim FLHX. It has a Screaming Eagle 110 upgrade (I ordered the 103 upgrade and they accidentally installed the 110, crazy fluke but somehow I came up on this one:D), cruise control, ABS, high flow air, tuning chip, RB 2into1 exhaust. It Dyno-ed at 100/100. It's a great bike!

So that's my introduction. I'm happy to (finally) be a part of this forum/family. It's my FXR that brought me here initially and it's my FXR that has brought me back.......you will soon find that I need a lot of help. Thank You, in advance.

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to read through this and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

HD Talking Rules - Harley Davidson Community

................................................................................................................

Welcome to the "BEST on the NET" Be sure to check out the Self Help Section for great tips and advice. Enjoy your stay!!!

Back