free website stats program Liquid Moly Blackstone report BUBBIE | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Liquid Moly Blackstone report BUBBIE

This is on the second report from Blackstone:

LONNIE: Another great sample from your Harley! This fill has 6,111 miles on it and wear metals are still
below average. That's impressive, because our averages are based on about 4,200 miles on the oil. Your
engine is wearing better than most. If you ever decided to run the oil longer you could, with the low wear
and strong TBN (4.4 is great). We'd recommend trying 7,500 miles, and if wear stays low, going longer after
that. This oil is holding up well and seems to be a good match for your engine. The viscosity is fine, no
contamination was found, and solids are low at a trace.

Also, saying: SUS Viscosity @ 210*F shows (should be Values 80 - 95) first report shows Value at 89.3 and the 6,111 mile report shows 86.5

All oils lose some of their Viscosity when used. (some oils More and some oils Less)
I see Blackstone was OK with the Viscosity when checking. They said so...

Case Is Closed for me...... it is doing a good job and shows Lower than Normal wear on my 103" motor and their statement that the motor likes the oil too...:D

Any oil out there showing better?

You are welcome to use it THEN TEST it and see what your report is...

By the way y22c, What is Your favorite oil?

signed....BUBBIE

This is a copy of the PM I sent to HDDon to answer his question to me about Viscosity of 20/50 compared to 10w60 ...

Yes, it would show Lower ...LOL...

Thanks Don,

IF Blackstone thought the oil was worn-OUT, they would have suggested to Change it. Not run it for 7,500 miles total longer then check it again. Run longer IF it showed good again like they thought it would...

I Now will use 6,000 mile changes Now Longer than my Old way @ 4,000 mile

Means Oil filter, Primary at the same time now... (MTL in primary)

I don't know the Viscosity Number Blackstone shows from their report but I'm happy seeing it is in the Top of their Spread...

That last 6111 mile run was done in Temps over constant daily Highs of 112* and some 115* RUN Day Long and at some stop n go Long lights up in Lake Havasu Parker area Never a low oil pressure nor over heating...

Of corse, my motor is Built to run at 4400' here in Az. The 103" build plus I have a SE oil pump and newer cam plate and that recent rebuild to 103" (40,000 on it after second oil test)...

Maybe he uses amsoil...LOL...

I would have NEVER switched from Redline 20/50 and 20/60 IF it had not been for others (HTT) telling me how good that LiquiMoly 10w60 was in their Heavily Modified rides... Lower temps by 15* to 20* in comparison from their ? usual full synthetic or Dino oils they used...
I was the first to switch n give that LiquiMoly 10w60 a Proper Test with Blackstone.
The Stuff is really good and lot less money that Most Good Synthetics. 42$ & for 5 full ltr jug of oil... less than 8.00$ a quart... can't beat that.

signed....BUBBIE

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently using Spectro 25w60.

I do not need a a light oil on startup, and it runs quieter than the 20w50's I have tried.

Ken

I am currently using Spectro 25w60.

I do not need a a light oil on startup, and it runs quieter than the 20w50's I have tried.

Ken

Oil use has been a largely debated topic here on the forum, the most common response (which I subscribe to is) "your ride you decide".

Having said that, take a look at the oil poll thread, Spectro didn't even make the list of oil used by members. I'm not saying it's a good or bad oil but not to make the list tells me something. :s

Oil use has been a largely debated topic here on the forum, the most common response (which I subscribe to is) "your ride you decide".

Having said that, take a look at the oil poll thread, Spectro didn't even make the list of oil used by members. I'm not saying it's a good or bad oil but not to make the list tells me something. :s
Point taken, but the dealer who sells it is close and it has been working in all the different types of bikes I have owned in the last 40 years.

In reading the oil poll, a lot of oils mentioned didn't make the list, just saying.

Ken

Spectro oil is a good quality oil IMO, Honda guys have run it for years Plus they are the makers of the Platinum 6 speed gear oil

Still having Great Results, Running the 10w60 LiquiMoly oil....
Getting Close to another oil Change.... ABOUT 121,000+ on my Ride today.... BIG :)

Decided to use the 6,000 mile change interval:
Doing engine and primary together...
(10w60 LiquiMoly engine and Primary, still using MTL)
That way I'll change BOTH at the same time...
(earlier according to Blackstone oil reports to do changes)
BUT... Much easier to keep track of...

The DD7 is working Great.... Broke it IN with Formula+ then went right to Redline ShockProof Heavy gear oil...
Will change out that shockproof at 10,000 miles this time... Then Back to do the Prescribed 20,000 mile suggested change...

My riding habits dictate many changes of Oil a year, plus New Tires/tyres to Boot, Eh....

signed....BUBBIE

Still having Great Results, Running the 10w60 LiquiMoly oil....
Getting Close to another oil Change.... ABOUT 121,000+ on my Ride today.... BIG :)

Decided to use the 6,000 mile change interval:
Doing engine and primary together...
(10w60 LiquiMoly engine and Primary, still using MTL)
That way I'll change BOTH at the same time...
(earlier according to Blackstone oil reports to do changes)
BUT... Much easier to keep track of...

The DD7 is working Great.... Broke it IN with Formula+ then went right to Redline ShockProof Heavy gear oil...
Will change out that shockproof at 10,000 miles this time... Then Back to do the Prescribed 20,000 mile suggested change...

My riding habits dictate many changes of Oil a year, plus New Tires/tyres to Boot, Eh....

signed....BUBBIE
Good info Bubbie, thanks for sharing. I too am a redline guy currently but your report has me wanting to give the liqui moly a go in my 14RK next change. I noted there are several types of liqui moly 10/60 what type(s) specifically did you use in your motor and primary? Thx

Back