free website stats program Lindby Highway bar / Service Plan | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lindby Highway bar / Service Plan

New guy needs help.
I have a used 09 heritage and am looking at the Lindby Highway bar does anyone have one now on their bike? Also are the service plans worth the money? The dealers here want $2200 for unlimted service and two batteries
over three years. Thanks for the help

I put the Lindby Twinbar on my 04 Heritage and like them. The only issue that I have had with them was the the rubber strips started to fall off on them. Got replacement ones from Lindby (at no charge) and gorilla glued them back on. No problem since. I will try to post a pic later once I get my camera to work'

My brother bought the service plan and He plans on Gripping about it for years to come !
It seems there always forgetting to tighten things up or under filling this or that. As far as the bars I DIG THE LINDBYS ! I dont have a set but plan on putting them on my Sporty soon. You can get the new ones with the radius corners TOO..

OK. Here is the math behind my "No" above.

Oil change every 2,500 miles:

4 qt. engine oil @ $15/qt. = $60
1 qt. tranny gear lube @ $15/qt. (actually 22 oz.)
1 qt. primary lube @ $15/qt.
1 oil filter @ $15/ea.

4 oil changes each year = $420 x 3 years = $1,260

2 batteries (what?!!) @ $150 ea. = $300

Other "Service Items"?

So your normal and usual service stuff cost about $1,560 (this is high, but for the benefit of the discussion)

And the Dealership will want to use HD fluids. I do not want an inferior product in my engine and tranny, so I would have to provide the fluids I want (if they would even do it!!). The Formula + in the primary is Ok.

So, that would be my analysis of what the $2,200 is paying for. Unless you do not want to do your own work, this is definitely not worth it. Especially since the Dealership is NOT gonna do oil changes at 2,500 miles. Probably double that, so the numbers are worse!!

As the guys said above, if you choose to do your own work, just keep good records and save your receipts.

TQ
Thanks

Back