free website stats program Lighting | Harley Davidson Forums

Lighting

Rhys

I have a few questions about my 07 Road king.
1st: Any recommendations on a brighter headlight bulb?
2nd: I took my light bar off to do some cleaning on them, and when I put it back on I noticed my turn signals stayed on, they don't blink unless I hit the switch. They start and stop blinking with the switch correctly, but stay lit up. I never noticed that before. Do 2007 Road Kings Use the front turn signals as running lights. My rear signals only come on when switched on to turn, they don't stay lit up. I don't recall seeing them on all the time. Anyone have some info on this

yes, the fronts stay on. you're all good :s

+1

As far as the headlight bulb goes, there is always the 80/100 bulb that many have had good success with. It will need aimed properly and you need to make sure your socket connection are very good.

scroll down to the Osram/Sylvania

GermanAutoParts.com

+2 . Isn't it amazing the things you don't notice or remember. I bet I have gone to the garage a dozen times after reading a post to see if my bike does or does not do something someone asked. The latest, is that my Electra Glide displays the mileage (not trip A/B) when the trip meter is pushed, even with the ign. switch off (how many people are on the way to the garage to check theirs right now?) :bigsmiley10:

+2 . Isn't it amazing the things you don't notice or remember. I bet I have gone to the garage a dozen times after reading a post to see if my bike does or does not do something someone asked. (how many people are on the way to the garage to check theirs right now?) :bigsmiley10:

That's so true. I asked this question to guys that have had the same bike for years, and everyone of them said they had no idea. I got a new bulb and will check it out tonight. Thanks to all, I absolutely:cheers LOVE HDTimeline. I can ask anything and people are good to ya.
Again Thanks.http://www.hdtimeline.com/images/bigsmilies/smiley_beer.gif

Stock headlight is 55 watts, correct? Has anyone had heat issues with putting 80/100 watt bulb in? Stock passing lights are 27 watts. I've replaced mine with 36 watt bulbs I bought at Napa for under $10 each. I think the number is 898. I've had no problem with heat. Some guys say that a 55 watt bulb in your passing lights will melt the socket.

Stock headlight is 55 watts, correct? Has anyone had heat issues with putting 80/100 watt bulb in? Stock passing lights are 27 watts. I've replaced mine with 36 watt bulbs I bought at Napa for under $10 each. I think the number is 898. I've had no problem with heat. Some guys say that a 55 watt bulb in your passing lights will melt the socket.

I've read where the wires at the plug can heat up to the point of melting. The fix was to rewire with a heavier gage wire and plug.

No heat issues with mine or burnt connectors. I do however, check the connection real good when I have it apart. Longevity has been my only detractor of the 80/100. They dont seem to last as long for me.

The latest, is that my Electra Glide displays the mileage (not trip A/B) when the trip meter is pushed, even with the ign. switch off (how many people are on the way to the garage to check theirs right now?) :bigsmiley10:

I knew about that one, saw the dude at the dealer do the same thing the get the mileage. Cars do it to

Back