free website stats program "Lighter" socket v "Accessory Sockets" | Harley Davidson Forums

"Lighter" socket v "Accessory Sockets"

CRCKR

My '06 Electraglide had two sockets, which I thought was so I could light a rolled product with one and charge my phone with the other. Until today, I thought that they were the same type of socket.

7AM, 30 degrees and I was on my way to the dealership for a recall fix. I bought myself a socket style cigarette lighter, pretty standard (or so I thought), for the bike. I cut the packaging open and tossed it into a saddlebag so I could use it at a convenient rest stop before waiting a few hours at the dealership to complete the required replacement.

I tooled my cold, but happy, butt down the road.

About 40 minutes later I reached the best stop I knew of before I had to spend a couple/few hours with nothing to do but spend money I don't have and I have never been so appreciative for the one hand gloved action the MoCo gave us with the "Rushmore" project. With my cold, gloved, hand I popped open the saddle bag and found the lighter. Since I had already opened the pain the rear packaging all I had to do was pop it into the waiting receptacle.

I knew, then and there, that my well laid plans were in vain. The thing flopped around like a minnow in a large mouth bass' mouth.

Well, the point of this post is to let everyone know what I didn't. I would 'splain it but this article does it better.

https://www.lifewire.com/cigarette-lighter-vs-accessory-socket-534783

Good thing for Zippos! That could have been a treacherous few hours.

Last edited:
I guess they aren't made for lighters anymore.....You have to install the female insert (and mount it in the dash) that comes with the hot wire to make it work.

You could quit smoking, then it wouldn't matter,just saying as a lifelong smoker until 3 years ago

Yeah... that probably ins't going to happen. I finally gave up my copenhagen and haven't been able to drop the stinky sticks. I am down to one or two packs a week insteadof a day though.

Power port on the bike is so you can plug in your electric shavers, and the mirror is mounted on the bike
so you can get a close up on how well your doing.

Yeah... that probably ins't going to happen. I finally gave up my copenhagen and haven't been able to drop the stinky sticks. I am down to one or two packs a week insteadof a day though.

Not putting in a plug but the Chantix thing works

Back