free website stats program Light Weight Jacket Recommendations? | Harley Davidson Forums

Light Weight Jacket Recommendations?

bwalsh22

I need to get a jacket for the summer. The leather one is going to be a bit hot with the temps getting up over 90 now. Looking for a well vented one. I looked around on motosport.com and found a few but wanted to know if anyone had any thoughts on these or alternatives. I want to keep the budget close on these, so the HD ones are most likely too expensive as they start to hit the 400 range. These are both around 150 and 200.

The two I looked at are the AlpineStar, Air Flo Jacket and a couple of Joe Rockets, Meteor 6.0 and Alter Ego 2.0. Any thoughts?

I've got a Power Trip mesh jacket that seems to be pretty good. I wore it a lot last summer in the Texas heat. It's still going to be hot, but not as bad as your leathers.

I don't know which Harley jackets you were looking at! I got the Tenacity Mesh Jacket - very lightweight and ventilated and you can get it with elbow and shoulder armor for under $150. Can't speak to the others but I wore the Tenacity for 2 days, 500 miles in over 90 degree temps and it was great!

My wife and I wear the Harley Mesh Jacket with the body armor...and when it gets really hot we pour water on them and as we ride it evaporates...it will give you a chill...Thats when we ride during low humidity...Like Dr. says..the mesh its cooler than the leather..and if ya wear the armor..it will provide some protection.

Anyone ever taken a spill in a mesh jacket with armor that cares to share the results? It's an attractive option in this heat, but I sure would like to know how much skin I'd have left after a long slider.

Anyone ever taken a spill in a mesh jacket with armor that cares to share the results? It's an attractive option in this heat, but I sure would like to know how much skin I'd have left after a long slider.

heck of a lot better than what you'd have left riding in a t-shirt! Seriously, in this heat when leather is not really an option these seem to be the only two choices - lightweight mesh or t-shirt.I guess some of the "rocket" riders have been seen wearing a t-shirt with the body armor vest OVER it but that would look pretty silly on a Harley if you ask me.

Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket
Perforated leather and mesh with armor.
I got mine a few years ago, it's still in great shape!

Thanks for all the recommendations. I think the Switchback was the one I had liked in the HD shop, but the price was steep. I may go with the Phoenix, based on zenmedic and the price, plus some reviews I read on the Meteor 6.0 say that it can be too hot due to the waterproofing.

Any of the "sportbike" mesh equipment is very good. I have a mesh jackets from Joe Rocket, AlpineStars and Icon.

These manufacturers know there stuff. The price and protection are better than anything HD.

Best for the price, Joe Rocket Phoenix. Best overall, Icon Timax 2.. IMHO

A friend of mine had a get off, wearing a Phoenix jacket, when a young girl talking on a cell phone pulled out in front of his Road King. The jacket held up fairly well. The back protector and the elbow armor did their job and he didn't have any road rash.

I run a Joe Rocket textile jacket in the summer no complaints, plenty of ventilation and protection

Back