free website stats program Let's Pay Attention People | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Let's Pay Attention People

What a shame.
I have no sympathy for people endanger others for no good reason.
You can make the argument that this person didn't "deserve" something so final. I believe the rider did.

While I feel bad for the truck driver, the person "texting" could just as easily hit my niece or nephew crossing the street, killing them. I can't imagine how I would feel if a "texting" (or any other activity other than DRIVING) driver/rider lived after murdering a family member of mine.

I chose the word murder. It is not an accident if you are ACTIVELY not paying attention in a situation where that specific inattentivness leads to the death of another.

There is no "law" that will fix this nor is there any type of liscensing or training. It is personal responsibiliy. We can't keep drugs or cell phones out of prison....this is not going to stop.

Now in the US, schools are out or are getting out. Pay attention to teens driving at a high rate a speed and texting/talking: and they think they are never going to die...

This is total selfishness on our part when we do supid stuff like this to our family and friends. I feel so sorry for that mans loved ones. I am on call 24 seven, but when on a bike and the phone starts to ring I pull of when I can and return the call. I have handed it to my wife to answer but am going to stop that and just put her in charge of the phone while riding. God help us, for satan is out there seeking whom he may distroy, and we make it easy for him.

Here lately it seems that everyday I am reading or hearing about a rider being hurt or killed. It really makes you wonder what the mindset of most people are( cagers and riders). When driving or riding the concentration should be on the task at hand. I have been on two wheels for 30 of my 44yrs and have been lucky not have been in any major scrapes. Some of it has to do with luck, some due to experience, and alot to do with common sense. We all have to share the road and use COMMON SENSE. This worries me because the ol' lady just completed the MSF class and got her first bike. She rides fine, but it makes me cringe to think something could happen to her because of someone's thoughtless behavior. In riding a motorcycle, WE are just as accountable for our actions on the road as the cagers are. I agree, we have to pay attention and use common sense.

I would never have believed that a rider would or even could text while riding until I went on a group ride last summer to Las Vegas. I was behind a guy whose speed would vary abruptly between 65 and 75. I couldn't see anything on the road that would cause such speed changes and I couldn't see his hands because of the top case on his Ultra Classic.

I put a lot of distance between his bike and mine, and then asked him what was going on at the next gas stop. He explained that he would slow down to 65 mph "for safety" when he was texting someone on his phone. I was almost speechless but I let him know loud and clear that I didn't appreciate the fact that he was endangering the safety of everyone on the road. Needless to say, I let everyone else in the group know what he was doing and many of us stopped riding with him from that day forward.

Just watched that video Newhd posted, do you think that dude is still alive? Really? Wouldn't even think of using it in drivers ed class, with the lack of common sense exhibited today. Look at how close the other drivers are to him, putting a lot of faith in them cagers!

Back