free website stats program Lenale fan install and horn relocation | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenale fan install and horn relocation

I installed a Lenale fan about 2 years ago. I have only needed to use it twice for about 10 minutes each time while I was stuck in traffic on a hot day. I turn it on occasionally just to make sure it works. As long as it works when I need it I'm happy. I don't think these fans are made to be used on a regular basis.

I installed a Lenale fan about 2 years ago. I have only needed to use it twice for about 10 minutes each time while I was stuck in traffic on a hot day. I turn it on occasionally just to make sure it works. As long as it works when I need it I'm happy. I don't think these fans are made to be used on a regular basis.

Where do you live oiler ? I use mine at just about every stop lite in the summer. Only negative thing I can say about mine is since I put in quiet baffles in my V&H's I can actually hear the fan and it's kind of annoying high pitch sound. I've had folks in the car next to me looking at my bike trying to figure where that fan noise is coming from.

Where do you live oiler ? I use mine at just about every stop lite in the summer. Only negative thing I can say about mine is since I put in quiet baffles in my V&H's I can actually hear the fan and it's kind of annoying high pitch sound. I've had folks in the car next to me looking at my bike trying to figure where that fan noise is coming from.

I live about an hour south of Toronto Canada. Summers here are hot at times but not as hot as where you are. I read many posts on this site and other sites about this fan before I decided to buy one. I knew that it would be used very little and hopefully it will last longer than normal. Wanted it for reassurance in case of heavy traffic which does happen from time to time. Was it worth the money in my case? Well if it lasts more than 5 years I think it was. If I were living in a warmer climate I would probably lean more towards the new Jag Oil Cooler(with supplied oil cooler fan) Have read some good reviews.

I live about an hour south of Toronto Canada. Summers here are hot at times but not as hot as where you are. I read many posts on this site and other sites about this fan before I decided to buy one. I knew that it would be used very little and hopefully it will last longer than normal. Wanted it for reassurance in case of heavy traffic which does happen from time to time. Was it worth the money in my case? Well if it lasts more than 5 years I think it was. If I were living in a warmer climate I would probably lean more towards the new Jag Oil Cooler(with supplied oil cooler fan) Have read some good reviews.

I use mine just to make me feel more at ease sitting at 3 min red lites in 99 degree heat with no wind blowing. I kinda feel it might give me more engine life. I won't let my bike run (sitting) any longer than 3 mins or I shut it down.

I also run an HD oil cooler. Jag makes good coolers they made the first HD one. The current HD (Jag copy) is made by another manufacturer, after HD and Jag could not agree on a new contract. The only problem with Jag is you have to buy their anti rotation lock to keep it from coming loose on a filter change and by the time you buy all that stuff it's way more than the HD cooler.

If I had to choose between the oil cooler and the fan though I would take the fan. It cools the heads where all the heat is. The oil doesn't circulate thru the current HD engine heads, so it doesn't have as great effect at cooling them down. Average oil temps will be in the 230's while average head temps (at the same time) will be in the 330's.

Fans are notoriously the most common thing to go bad in electronic equipment. Think about the conditions ripe for failure...spinning on sleeve bearings (if cheap one) at about 7,000-10,000 RPM in usually under extreme temperatures and humidity in a high vibration & shock environment. Military grade fans with ball bearings purchased cost about $500 by themselves...do you think Linale uses them or COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) grade stuff? Even MIL-SPEC grade stuff have an MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) of maybe 5-7 Years...at best!

May want to use the SEARCH tab near the top of the HDT page and type in Lenale fan. There has been much said about these fans...Good and Bad...! :s

Fans are notoriously the most common thing to go bad in electronic equipment. Think about the conditions ripe for failure...spinning on sleeve bearings (if cheap one) at about 7,000-10,000 RPM in usually under extreme temperatures and humidity in a high vibration & shock environment. Military grade fans with ball bearings purchased cost about $500 by themselves...do you think Linale uses them or COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) grade stuff? Even MIL-SPEC grade stuff have an MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure) of maybe 5-7 Years...at best!

May want to use the SEARCH tab near the top of the HDT page and type in Lenale fan. There has been much said about these fans...Good and Bad...! :s

Those are good points NewHD74fan as always coming from you. Very few items are made with that type of quality now days. It would have trouble selling since we (most) all lure after that "better" deal. I surmise if a product fails enough times then it would have to either upgrade or go out of business as word got out.

I've had a few older computers that had the sleeve fans. They won't usually last longer than a year. If your computer starts sounding like a washing machine it's probably your CPU fan. Most computers now days will tout ball bearing fans becuase of the old reputation.

I surmise in the near future all bikes will be water cooled to meet EPA demands on the engines. The only fans then will be on the radiators. There are manly advantagees to the EFI system but it probably would never have made it into the market were it not for EPA requirements.

The car folks tried real hard to do the EPA with the carbs, but just kept running into too many issues and had to go with EFI.

Back