free website stats program Left side pipe very hot on leg | Harley Davidson Forums

Left side pipe very hot on leg

Bagger06

Just installed Full-Sac True Duel kit on 06 Road King. Bike runs great ,the problem is the left side is now hot on leg when standing still on bike, is there any way to adjust pipe to lose some of the heat.

Bagger 06; are you running a tuner? If so, you're probably lean & need to adjust fuel a bit. This will cool things down...

Keep in mind that the stock header split the rear cylindar exhaust between both the left and right side mufflers. With the true dual setup all of the exhaust from the rear cylindar is running through the left side header.

I run Samson true duals and also find that rear header to be quite hot at times on the back of my leg.

Adding fuel to the rear cylindar should cool it off to some degree, but that doesn't mean it is the best way to address the issue. Your air/fuel ratio is normally set for to maximize the output of the motor.

Life is full of comprimise and trade offs.

Double check that your map did down load to the tuner, if it didnt go you may be still running lean. I run rineheart pipes with the thundermax and when the down load did go the change was significant. Did you have any decel popping before the tuner down load and is it gone now?

There is no poppinig on decel, before install of true duals would pop on decel once in awhile.As for the tuner I dont have the set up to program it myself,il have to get it to the shop that did the install.gonna go for a ride today see what happens. wanna say thanks to everone for the help,new to HD Talking great site Great people!

Back