free website stats program LED turn signals. | Harley Davidson Forums

LED turn signals.

jock.p

Hello again
I was thinking about fitting led turn signals to my bike.Is it possible to get a replacement flasher relay that will plug straight in to slow down the flash rate? or do I have to fit resistors to each light.Also will this work OK with self cancelling turn signals?
Cheers, Jock.

The schematics I have for a 1996 XL1200 show the turn signals as a module. You should not have a flasher relay. Flash rate is probably designed into the circuit by a solid state timer and not by a heated flash relay. You may have no other choice for flash rate other than by defining the current load the module sees.

I think a load resistor is required to compensate for the lower voltage drawn by the led bulbs and keep the turn signal module happy

Brian

Some lights offered by different manufacturers have the load equalizers built right in otherwise you need a load equalizer for the lights you are installing or they probably will not flash.

check Kuryakian(spelling) i have their LED tail light, perfect fit and quality component. They have plug in's for the turn signal and believe they have built in resistors.

Back