free website stats program LED lighting system | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

LED lighting system

Great observation & I'm still thanking glider for the great price & performance of the 80/100 Osram bulb from GermanAutoParts.com. One cheap, but affective bulb!

Great observation & I'm still thanking glider for the great price & performance of the 80/100 Osram bulb from GermanAutoParts.com. One cheap, but affective bulb!

Iceman24,

Thanks for the info on 80/100 Osram bulb, how does it compare to the stock OEM that came with your bike?

I ride a 2008 Heritage Softail Classic

Regards,

Mike

Iceman24,

Thanks for the info on 80/100 Osram bulb, how does it compare to the stock OEM that came with your bike?

I ride a 2008 Heritage Softail Classic

Regards,

Mike

There is no comparison. It is much brighter, so much so you may have to adjust it down some because you may have some on comers flashing there brights at you. Some have had longevity issues with this bulb though. The cost is cheap enough that you can carry a spare with no loan needed.

Hi all...

Matt - you must be riding with the HD LED (made by JW speaker...)

A friend and I did a review comparing the HD version to the Kuryakyn version (made by Truck-Lite)

See the thread here:

UPDATE - LED Head Light Comparison JW/HD TL - Harley Davidson Community

That was one of our comments - the distinct horizon doesn't work well with the light being counter-steered in a turn - the 'dark spot' ends up in the line of travel...

Be sure to check the last page - Truck-Lite has announced an updated version - I posted some info about it today.

I got the black lens LED. HD part 67700043A and experienced that the hi beam was too high. I simply adjusted the headlamp down, as shown in the owner's manual. I really, really like the head light now. I got it for 20 per cent off at the dealership (Canada calls it "Boxing Week" sales) for and even $400.00, so I had better really like the LED light. It floods the area around and in front. I just like it better. The black lens completes my Monochrome project, so my ride is simply black & white (chrome). No red, or orange reflectors or lamps. So the bike looks real pretty.
How do I keep the headlamp from getting stolen??

I got the black lens LED. HD part 67700043A and experienced that the hi beam was too high. I simply adjusted the headlamp down, as shown in the owner's manual. I really, really like the head light now. I got it for 20 per cent off at the dealership (Canada calls it "Boxing Week" sales) for and even $400.00, so I had better really like the LED light. It floods the area around and in front. I just like it better. The black lens completes my Monochrome project, so my ride is simply black & white (chrome). No red, or orange reflectors or lamps. So the bike looks real pretty.
How do I keep the headlamp from getting stolen??

Electrify the chrome escutcheon ring so a spark jumps to Phillips screwdriver when one attempts to remove it. Hoople can help here. :bigsmiley24:

Never thought of anyone trying to steal it ...but at the price I am sure there will be some stolen...

Back