free website stats program Leather bag inserts? | Harley Davidson Forums

Leather bag inserts?

173ABN

I am looking at getting some leather saddle bags stiffeners for Herratige bags has anyone found any good ones or any to stay away from?:newsmile040:

Saggy Bags are worth the money. You will have to trim the side inserts to fit them under the seams. Fit them as tight as you can, I had to start the inserts at the base of the bag and using a block of wood hammer the insert tward the top. Use lots of clamps on the lid inserts to remove any bumps, just sitting heavy objects on them does not cut it.

+1 on the GotSaggyBags. I have installed them on my 02 Heritage and a friend's 02 Heritage with great results. I did not have to trim the side pieces but they are a tight fit and require some work. If you push in on the seams you can work the pieces under.
Well worth the money!

+1 on the GotSaggyBags. I have installed them on my 02 Heritage and a friend's 02 Heritage with great results. I did not have to trim the side pieces but they are a tight fit and require some work. If you push in on the seams you can work the pieces under.
Well worth the money!

Installed them on my 94 FLSTC and they work great. Try the alternative install trick on the last page of the instructions. Did not have to trim but the previous post about using lots of clamps is good advise. I cut a piece of 3/4" plywood the same size as the top stiffener and used clamps aroung the edge, came out real well, used some leather dye and Mcguires leather care and the bags look great.

Saggy Bags for sure! I didn't have to trim mine at all but they are a little bit of a booger to get them in. The directions that come with them are adequate. The plywood and a boat load of clamps for the lid support is must if you want it to look right.

Good deal 173ABN, make sure you take some before and after pix...you will like the "like new" look and feel to be sure...:s

Back