free website stats program Leak oil from oil breather from heads of engine | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Leak oil from oil breather from heads of engine

it is interesting to see that i was asking for help to all of you for a problem on the vents of my engine and instead you focus exclusively on the issue of speed!

We do this: I was wrong !!! my bike gets 80Km / h max .:D

Ok ... now we can talk about the object of my post and then maybe we will open another discussion with the subject the speed.

No need for another discussion on speed; I believe it has been covered adequately in this thread.

As for you oil venting problem you really should replace the breather/baffle assemblies with the later stamped breathers; the PN is included in post #4.

However, at 6000rpms/230km/h, the motor is pumping more oil up top than can be returned through the small hole in the rocker support and the excess will become blow by. You might try drilling the drain hole in the rocker support to a 3mm-5mm size. Or, since this only occurs at 230km/h, slow down to 200km/h and the problem may solve itself.:D

No need for another discussion on speed; I believe it has been covered adequately in this thread.

As for you oil venting problem you really should replace the breather/baffle assemblies with the later stamped breathers; the PN is included in post #4.

However, at 6000rpms/230km/h, the motor is pumping more oil up top than can be returned through the small hole in the rocker support and the excess will become blow by. You might try drilling the drain hole in the rocker support to a 3mm-5mm size. Or, since this only occurs at 230km/h, slow down to 200km/h and the problem may solve itself.:D

Reduce oil level in tank by 1/2 qt also and give it a hard run to see what it does

Back