free website stats program Kickstart for extending around larger pipes... | Harley Davidson Forums

Kickstart for extending around larger pipes...

dweidman

Hey All -

I have done some searching - but can't seem to find if there is anyone who has found a way to keep a kickstart on a bike with larger pipes.

My 85 WideGlide used to have a kickstart - but now uses just electric start. I prefer kickstarts (always have) - and have been wondering if there is any solution for this....

I have a pic - but apparently I don't have enough posts to add it to this... ;-)

-Daniel

You will soon be able to add pictures Daniel.
Welcome to the forum.
As for the kickstart... I don't know a lot about them. (the wife tells me I need one ...now what does she mean?)

Last edited:
What type of pipes have you added?

Maybe a modification th the kicker arm to clear the pipes if you keep the pipes on?

What type of pipes have you added?

Now that you ask me that.... I am not sure! I thought they were Jesse James pipes...

I added the pipes to the bike almost 4 years ago. I settled for losing my kickstart... at the time. Now I wish I had it back...

Maybe a modification th the kicker arm to clear the pipes if you keep the pipes on?

I thought about this one... I just imagine there is a way to get the arm to come out further when you pull it forward...

I think I am at 5 posts.. now!

-Daniel

Ok. Small pic:

IMAGE_003_sm.jpg

Larger pics:

IMAGE_003.jpg

IMAGE_003_sm.jpg

IMAGE_041.jpg

IMAGE_042.jpg

Thoughts?

-Daniel

I see your problem now because of the shape and not so much the size.

That's going to be a tough one for sure.

I see your problem now because of the shape and not so much the size.

That's going to be a tough one for sure.

Yeah. I would like it to sit under the pipe normally - and then when in use - pull out beyond the pipe....

Just not sure it is possible... - or more accurately - not sure if it is pre-made (I am sure it is possible....)

-Daniel

Back