free website stats program khromewerks hp-plus anybody ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

khromewerks hp-plus anybody ?

thanks for comments bud, I dont want too loud either. maybe you'll get that low-end torque back with the tfi and ac . Im still looking into 3.50 hp ,supposed to be quieter but no one around here has them to listen to.

If you going to get more hp from them they are going to be louder. And for the most part the more power the louder.

the v&h monsters seem to use the same concept as these "new" khromewerks 3.50"hp-plus, both are advertising more power with a quieter low rumble. seems guys are very happy with the monsters but Im told they are a bit heavy. My thought was maybe khromewerks has something similar but maybe without the added weight. i believe they have only been on market since this april and not too many running them. this could be cutting edge tech or just hype, still very curious.:unsure

the monster ovals sound very deep at cruise, but you pin them open they will scream, yes there heavy, you have to ask what do you want :
most say power but why - it looks good at the dyno shoot outs, in the real world what you want is Torque and LOADS of it, the power will follow the Torque hence 2-1's are used they make good torque, drags are those of us who ride flat out, then there is the stuff inbetween, slip ons will generate nice TQ and HP but do sound louder and some loucer than others, for touring i would for go a little HP and go for TQ

how do you know if a slip-on is best for hp while another is best for torque? Im using the stock headers,TFI, SE AC, just looking for options . I understand the backpressure, baffle size, but seems some mftr dont spec this info.

Larger baffles decrease bottom end TQ. With the head pipes being 1 3/4" if you go much bigger on the baffle size you get negative results on a street bike. Torque is what you are looking for on the street. HP for the drags at top end.

Larger baffles decrease bottom end TQ. With the head pipes being 1 3/4" if you go much bigger on the baffle size you get negative results on a street bike. Torque is what you are looking for on the street. HP for the drags at top end.

this is becoming clearer to me :bigsmiley14:. These 3.50" hp-plus touring slip-ons may be what im looking for- just have to trust their sales pitch without any specs.( do people really sell ice to eskimos?) Iv got time, these being new this year maybe we'll here more about them. They ARE as advertised just what im looking for- Increased torque and power,low rumble,radio friendly, lite, look stock(tapered),

glider has you covered i would use a 2" baffle if you want more HP and a little less at the bottom of the TQ

i will go with 1.75" for torque and hopefully a nice harley rumble thats not too loud ,this should be a good balance. Problem is some mftrs do not say what the baffle size is. Are monster ovals listed with baffle size? Ill look. Sorry to drag this into the ground.

Back