free website stats program khrome werks slip-ons for fat bob | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

khrome werks slip-ons for fat bob

That looks awesome. Keeping the same look but more Harley sound. Can't ask for any more. I love the look of the stock pipes. Keeping the look but getting better sound is what I wanted to do. I apprecicate the pic. Keep safe and thanks for your commets. If you won't mind. Can I get the stock number to those pipes so I make sure I get the same looking ones.

I too really like the look of the stock exhaust set-up. These slip-ons sound unbelievable. I almost got the rush slip-ons until I heard these by accident. If you go to the khrome werks website the pipes are listed with the new products. The pipes list for $279.00 I think but I got mine from mandmcycles in sandusky, ohio for $219.00. You can also go to youtube and actually hear the pipes. There's a guy on there that startsup his fat bob and makes a couple of runs. That's what sold me.

What made you get the Works instead of the Streaming Eagle? The price is right on the Works that's for sure. The Screaming Eagle's I think are around 350.00. The Krome-Works sounds more throaty and deeper. I like the look of the Eagle with the black ends.

What made you get the Works instead of the Streaming Eagle? The price is right on the Works that's for sure. The Screaming Eagle's I think are around 350.00. The Krome-Works sounds more throaty and deeper. I like the look of the Eagle with the black ends.

I like the look of the original pipes. The khrome werks and the rush look exactly like the OEM pipes. It was one or the other and I picked the Khrome werks. I liked the sound of the KW slightly better. It was that scientific. You should get what you like for whatever the reason.

I have Krome works slip on my 03 Superglide and love em.My bikes lowered and I have more clearance now because they are a smaller diameter but flow better and sound much better.

Just ordered a pair of KW slip-ons for my Fat Bob. I originally ordered Rush slip-ons but they're on back order. I like the flat cut of the Rush better than the slash cut of the KW, but since th KW look just like stock I can live with it. KW seem to have a deeper growl than the Rush pipes based upon the videos I've seen on You Tube. I hope I made the right decision. I just could not wait months to get Rush pipes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered a pair of KW slip-ons for my Fat Bob. I originally ordered Rush slip-ons but they're on back order. I like the flat cut of the Rush better than the slash cut of the KW, but since th KW look just like stock I can live with it. KW seem to have a deeper growl than the Rush pipes based upon the videos I've seen on You Tube. I hope I made the right decision. I just could not wait months to get Rush pipes.

I can tell you, you will not be disappointed. The guys in the service department at the local dealership I go to could not believe how good they sound. They had no idea Khrome Werks made slip-ons for the Fat Bob. Most say the Rush sound tinnier. I like the rush but I'm happier with the Krome Werks. I'm betting you will be too.

Last edited:
I can tell you, you will not be disappointed. The guys in the service department at the local dealership I go to could not believe how good they sound. They had no idea Khrome Werks made slip-ons for the Fat Bob. Most say the Rush sound tinnier. I like the rush but I'm happier with the Krome Werks. I'm betting you will be too.

Great to hear. Thanks, sneyers!

Put the Khrome Werks slip ons on the bike last night. Getting the stock mufflers off was a pain, but putting the KW on was a snap. Took it to the dealer this morning for the Stage 1 download and a SE heavy-breather AC. Two separate guys at the dealer asked when I was getting pipes (because the KW look like the stock mufflers, though they are slightly smaller in diameter). The pipes are a lot louder than stock, but not obnoxious. And the sound quality is awesome. When the the service guy took it for a test ride I stood out on the street waiting for him to return. Could hear him coming from a couple of blocks away. Again, not obnoxiously loud and the sound quality (deep and throaty) is exactly what I wanted. On the way home I took the freeway and reefed on the throttle going down the ramp - very obvious performance improvement with the AC/pipes/download. I'm a happy camper. :small3d026:

Put the Khrome Werks slip ons on the bike last night. Getting the stock mufflers off was a pain, but putting the KW on was a snap. Took it to the dealer this morning for the Stage 1 download and a SE heavy-breather AC. Two separate guys at the dealer asked when I was getting pipes (because the KW look like the stock mufflers, though they are slightly smaller in diameter). The pipes are a lot louder than stock, but not obnoxious. And the sound quality is awesome. When the the service guy took it for a test ride I stood out on the street waiting for him to return. Could hear him coming from a couple of blocks away. Again, not obnoxiously loud and the sound quality (deep and throaty) is exactly what I wanted. On the way home I took the freeway and reefed on the throttle going down the ramp - very obvious performance improvement with the AC/pipes/download. I'm a happy camper. :small3d026:

Tooooold yaaaaa. Glad to hear you like 'em. They sound better as they get used. After a couple of good rides your gonna like 'em even more.

Tooooold yaaaaa. Glad to hear you like 'em. They sound better as they get used. After a couple of good rides your gonna like 'em even more.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow. Going for a long ride. Just finished installing Nightrider XiEDs so the bike will run cooler. The one under the seat was easy, but boy the one at the front of the bike was a real pain.

Safe riding.

Back