free website stats program Key fob range. | Harley Davidson Forums

Key fob range.

SeaRider04

How far away that you can armed/disarmed your Bike's sercurity?

My key fob's battery is new and I have to be right on top of the fuel tank to arm/disarm the system, I'd say somewhere around 2 feet or less from the tank, What is the range of your Bike's key fob?.

They are supposed to be about 8' with the smart fob, but I notice it makes a difference which way you approach the bike as to how far away it works. Mine is quite close too when it disarms.(smart fob)

Mine is close too and seems to be affected by the temperature of the fob. This makes sense because the battery is a little, computer motherboard-type of battery.

Like Hobbit, mine arms about 5 seconds after ignition switch is turned off. Disarms when switch is turned on as long as fob is within about 8 feet. Out of that range and the siren goes off as soon as the switch is turned on.
Dorr

I get about 6 to 8 feet working range. I use the toggle technique off the turn signals once in a while just to keep the sequence in my brain too :p

Took my Heritage to the dealer earlier this week to get new rear tire put on it. I left the fob in the W/S bag so they wouldn't have a problem, but the alarm still went off when they righted the bike to move it into the shop.

What's up with that? :dknow It was on the dern bike! :eam

I have to look again on Auto arm/disarm, the only problem I can think of when using auto arm/disarm feature is "what if"....lost key, fob broken at the time you need most..... and I forgot my sequence numbers, heck...what's my numbers anyway. I've changed the old number to new one when I bought it, didn't write them down and now .....?.oh (edit).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about faulty language, won't happen again.

I read the link above still unable to retrieve my PIN.

How do I know if I have a "push" fob or "smart" fob?.

Back