free website stats program K&N Rain Sock | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N Rain Sock

glider.

BOT Machine
This item really isn't needed because the filter itself being treated will not allow much water to go through it but some want to use it when riding in a heavy rain.

K&N Part number HD-0800DK

I was caught out in some major rain storms without the rain sock on my heavy breather it never seems to be a problem.
Not to say it can't be but never happened to me.

We live in Florida and never had a problem with rain before, BUT last week we were in the Smokey Mountains and while on a 235 mile ride thru Tail of the Dragon and along the Cherohala Skyway we ran into a very heavy rainstorm.

We had to ride the last 103 miles in rain, at times it was very heavy. It took us 3 hours to get back to our cabin in Cherokee.

The bike cut out 3 times, I was able to save it probably 5 more times when the engine started to stumble. After the 2nd time I realized it was happening when we were going uphill, the water was collecting in the pipe and when we went uphill it would run down the pipe and into the carb.

I have a rain sock on it, but did not clean and re-oil my filter the last time I changed the oil. I will definately do that this comming weekend.

Back