free website stats program K&N intake install...DONE! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N intake install...DONE!

Grillfish, Found used covers online for about $20.00 + Shipping

NEWHD74FAN, I don't have access to a milling machine. I do have all sorts of cutting tools. I might cut it to size then have it re-chromed. Still pondering. Haven't bought spare cover yet.

Iceman24, Thank You for your complements. The intake kit doesn't intrude into my leg space as much as I thought it might. So far, I just notice that it's there but, it's not annoying at all. I'm thinking about getting a pair of these:
Heel Raiser Footpeg Kit They're kinda "gagety", but, I like gagety! I'll consider extensions if/when I change pegs.

UPDATE: Took the bike to work today, (Finally). There is a noticeable increase in throttle response. A minor twist of the "Go Grip", provides an instant increase in velocity. I have to be careful not to twist the grip to much, otherwise I'm rocketing down the road more than I wanted too. I think the improvement was well worth the cost and effort.

I would recommend this modification to anyone looking for a performance boost. It was an easy install too.

Just installed, "K&N RK-3910, Filter Kit" on my '09 Softail Custom.
The results so far... too easy. Took me about 4 hours to do from start to finish. That includes checking fit up of some of the parts, removal of H-D factory warning label, a few interruptions to answer the phone, and getting final approval from the Dog.

Recommendations:
1) Shop carefully! Instead of buying right away, I did an online shopping search with the manufacturers name and part #. I paid a little over HALF of MSRP.
2) Read instructions a few times! Instructions are available online at the link above for the K&N product. I read the instructions before doing the install, I was already familiar with the product before I opened the box! Then, I read the instructions again.
3) Organize! I had tools gathered and laid out as well as the filter kit before I started. I had a table to my left with the tools, and another table to my right with the parts out of the packaging. Sat on a milk crate between the tables that put me at a comfortable level to see what I was doing. A lift table would have been better, but, I was able to "make do" with what I had.
4) Take the phone off the hook and have dog treats in your pocket.
Minor notes:
This particular filter kit stands away from the motor 3/4 of an inch more than factory. I've taken a few short putts around the block and I hardly notice it. "T" handle wrenches would have been a good idea but not necessary.

ferrousbueller-albums-the+first+harley+that+belongs+to+me...-picture6416-small_intake_inlet_factory.jpg
ferrousbueller-albums-the+first+harley+that+belongs+to+me...-picture6416-small_intake_inlet_factory.jpg
tn775s3.jpg

tn776s3.jpg

tn777s3.jpg

tn778s3.jpg

tn779s3.jpg

tn780s3.jpg

ferrousbueller-albums-the+first+harley+that+belongs+to+me...-picture6442-that_label_has_to_go.jpg

I'm planning to give the new intake a good wringing out tomorrow along with some adjustments to the Dobeck EJK. Results to follow soon.

I was wondering what happened to your picture because I am planning on buying the same filter and wanted to see what it looked like.

I was wondering what happened to your picture because I am planning on buying the same filter and wanted to see what it looked like.

Rubyred,

I'm not sure what picture is missing. What have I overlooked? Here is a link to the album. It includes captions for each picture.

The first Harley that belongs to me...

If there is a specific picture you're looking for Please P.M. me.

You might want to contact "Webbtron" before you buy. He had one for sale, new in box. I can't find the thread for it now, it may have already sold.

Cheers!

Thanks FB for the response. Yesterday I didn't get the pictures when I posted on the thread. I was looking to see how far, or how much of the filter could be seen. Looks good to me! Today my RK-3910 and V&H pipes are going on the bike. Might get a ride in this weekend! Thanks again and have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

Rubyred,

I'm not sure what picture is missing. What have I overlooked? Here is a link to the album. It includes captions for each picture.

The first Harley that belongs to me...

If there is a specific picture you're looking for Please P.M. me.

You might want to contact "Webbtron" before you buy. He had one for sale, new in box. I can't find the thread for it now, it may have already sold.

Cheers!

I can verify that Webbtron does not have a filter for sale, I bought it and currently have it sitting there waiting to be installed. :)

Maybe I should add that he no longer has the K & N filter, he may have another filter for sale. :lolrolling

This is going to be my next project... can't wait to see the results. BTW - Thanks to everyone on this forum, with your help, I just completed my first oil service and clutch adjustment. :D

Thanks FB for the response. Yesterday I didn't get the pictures when I posted on the thread. I was looking to see how far, or how much of the filter could be seen. Looks good to me! Today my RK-3910 and V&H pipes are going on the bike. Might get a ride in this weekend! Thanks again and have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

I can verify that Webbtron does not have a filter for sale, I bought it and currently have it sitting there waiting to be installed. :)

This is going to be my next project... can't wait to see the results. BTW - Thanks to everyone on this forum, with your help, I just completed my first oil service and clutch adjustment. :D

I'll be looking forward to reading all of your reviews! Don't forget to take and post pictures!

Are you done yet?

Cheers!

Back