free website stats program K & N Air Filters | Harley Davidson Forums

K & N Air Filters

shaker

I'm already have a Stage 1 kit with a HD filter installed on the bike - if I swap out the filter with a K&N (HD-0800), will I need to adjust the F/A ratio? With an increase in air flow, it seems I'd be running a little leaner. Assuming that I'll need the engine remapped, would it be worth investing in a Power Commander or TFI? I'm comfortable working on this stuff, but I haven't a lot of experience and my garage isn't set up for this. I imagine this topic has already been covered, but my searches didn't find answers to these questions. Sorry for any unintended redundancy. Regards.

If you have the Harley stage 1, you can replace the filter element with the K&N filter with no issues but being you have the stage 1 already you either have the HD download hopefully or should use something to richen the fuel mixture. I like the TFI.

Thanks Mr. Data. I purchased the bike used so I cannot speak for it's history, but it's my impression that it was well taken care of. I'll look into the TFI - I can see where that might be useful. Thanks again for your help.

I have an 07 Hertiage Softtail Classic with 25,000 miles. I would like to upgrade some things starting with the air filter. When you upgrade to say a K&N is there any changes to the fuel injection that needs to be done since it is electronic?

Amigo1980

I have an 07 Hertiage Softtail Classic with 25,000 miles. I would like to upgrade some things starting with the air filter. When you upgrade to say a K&N is there any changes to the fuel injection that needs to be done since it is electronic?

Amigo1980

Are you just changing the filter in the stock box or are you going to a stage 1 AC ?

Back