free website stats program K&N Air Filter....Need some help | Harley Davidson Forums

K&N Air Filter....Need some help

ShagNasty

Glider or someone out there that will help me please do..I am at wits end. :cry I have read thru the threads, may I read right thru it, but I have not found my answer. The guy here in the local all around bike accesories shop keeps giving me the HD0800 verison K&N filter. I have the Scremin Eagle Pro Air filter (kit 29440-99C) and would like to install the K&N air filter. someone PLEASE tell me what I need. The HD 0800 will not line up on the 06 Heritage. He keeps telling me that this is the one....
Thanks in advance, I know someone here will know.

Thanks Glider...but I even laid them on top of each other and the holes in the plates are off from each other. They look the same every where else but it will not line up..That's why I am at a dead end here.

Do you have 3 or 4 holes in the one you need? How much are they off?

How about a pic of yours?

Have you rotated the filter to a different position to get the holes to line up?

Is it like this one?

SEArlennessfilter.jpg

well I just returned from the shop. I filed the holes for a better fit. its on with a little filing. it was off some but have a good fit. That's what was bothering me, everything was all systems go in getting the right filter but was concerned when all did not line up as I thought it would. Im happy. it may have been a bad day at the plant.
I appreciate your help. maybe the next one will be ok.

ok just went thru this i have a 2006 stage 1 se setup the kn hd-0800 does not fit
i also have a 2009 se stage one and the hd-800 does not fit
you need to go to harley dealer and in se book in fuel and air there will be the part numbers you need then you can cross the number to k&n
i just bought the se one for now i was in a rush
gabe

Hi, don't mean to butt in. Did you try putting the K&N filter on the first two front tabs and then pulling the filter back to fit the rear tab? All S&S filters are round enitially but you have to egg shape them to fit. Fossil

Back