free website stats program Just joined... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just joined...

Nothing wrong with Sportsters, truth be known they would beat the big twins stop light to stoplight in the day, they are not half a Harley nor they are not girls bikes, and as NewHDFAN says you may be the red headed step child we all have a soft spot for H D longest running bike long live The Sportster

Well said Jack.
I'll eventually get a bigger bike but I don't think I'll be trading in my Sportster when I do. She's a keeper :D.
I've tried almost all the range of HD from the dealership and I hope before too long to get a Road King - touring cababliity and tons of class and style.
All the HD bikes have their strengths and advantages but I can honestly say for FUN and chucking it around, NOTHING beats a Sporty.
JMHO.

Welcome to the Forum Brett. Best place to be when you want some bike time but can't be riding it or wrenching it :D. Ride safe.

The seat is just plain junk!

Anyone got any idea how the sundowner seat is for long rides?

Hi Brett

I got the Sundowner on my 883L; it's ok, more comfy than stock one but I find it moves me forward a bit. If you're around my height (5ft 8") you might find it a little cramped with the mid mount pegs & want to go to forwards.
Have the same problems with the shocks so I'm upgrading too. Just got all the gear & going to tackle it myself rather than pay HD.....

Good luck

Just wondering how things were going. Did you change out the seat? What about the shocks?

I have a 2009 XL1200C and I love it. More every time I ride it. I don't foresee me trading it in anytime in the near future. I did change out the seat to a sundowner seat from Harley, which was so much more comfortable than the stock seat. For Christmas, I was given a gift certificate for some seat customization. I had gel pads and memory foam put in the sundowner. I'm still working on breaking it in but it's getting there. It's still alot more comfortable than the stock seat.

I haven't done anything with the rear shocks though. As I haven't ridden anything else but a 1983 Honda cm250c, I don't have any idea as to what a difference a change of shocks would do for my Harley.

Hi All.
I have a 2008 1200 Roadster and am loving it. I,m Looking to put on some forward controls and low pullbacks for the handlebars. Any suggestions where to shop for good product and price?
Best regards.

Back