free website stats program Just got my new 2014 Street Glide FLHX | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Just got my new 2014 Street Glide FLHX

Update. I've been riding my bike everyday to work. View attachment 15608Almost feels as if I'm riding alone. It has officially 400 miles now.

As of this weekend, I too, officially hit the 400 mile mark on my odometer. The disappointing part of that number is it really isn't 400 miles but less. When comparing the odometer mileage with the new Garmin GPS, on a short round trip of 28 miles the Harley odometer shows 31 miles. That is a really big margin of error and I believe the GPS is accurate. so..over the life of the bike, many unaccounted for mileage will be added to the odometer.

As of this weekend, I too, officially hit the 400 mile mark on my odometer. The disappointing part of that number is it really isn't 400 miles but less. When comparing the odometer mileage with the new Garmin GPS, on a short round trip of 28 miles the Harley odometer shows 31 miles. That is a really big margin of error and I believe the GPS is accurate. so..over the life of the bike, many unaccounted for mileage will be added to the odometer.

I don't use gps but have friends who do.Last year on a short trip,it took us hundreds of miles out of our way,and got us lost.After programming the same directions that got us there.I wouldn't bet the farm on the gps being totally accurate.

I don't use gps but have friends who do.Last year on a short trip,it took us hundreds of miles out of our way,and got us lost.After programming the same directions that got us there.I wouldn't bet the farm on the gps being totally accurate.

I have to agree on that one

I have to apologize for my hasty posting above regarding my mileage differential between the GPS and the Harley odometer. After realizing what I wrote, there was no way the difference was that great. As I recall, the difference was about .3 -.5 mile difference and not 3 miles on a 28 mile round trip. Which, in my opinion is still way too much.

But my GPS is quite accurate as per last nights trip. I took it on a 15 mile trip in my cage, I zeroed both trip sets on the cage's odometer and the GPS and when I arrived at my destination, they both read identical mileage (14.7). So the GPS is reading quite accurately and I do know the odometer on the new Harley is definitely off a bit. So were my other bikes in the past (Kawa, Honda and the other Harley). Motorcycle speedos are just that way.

Back