free website stats program just another oil question | Harley Davidson Forums

just another oil question

Hi all, i know this has been belted from pillar to post as i have been reading all the comments about WHICH oil.As i am from down under we sometimes have difficulty in purchasing some of the oil we here about. So today out of my 05 heritage went all the mineral oil. In went.
ENGINE. Mobil 1 v-twin 20w-50 synthetic. Finally found a supplier
TRANNY. Castrol Manual Syntrax 75w-90 synthetic.
PRIMARY. HD Formula+
now for the all important question, am i on the right track, any comments GOOD or BAD will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and help
thehoggyboy.

thanks Hobbit greatly appreciated, obviously you know what i mean when we here about this oil or that oil, and can do jack about purchasing it

You are on the right track for sure. Mobile 1 also makes a synthetic gear oil 75-90 which I use in my tranny. If you can't get the HD Primary +, another good alternative is a 10w-40 without any friction modifiers - like Amsoil. Just a suggestion. I use the HD Primary + in my '07 Heritage Classic.

thanks for the input leapfreak, i am using the formula+ in my primary, but the best i could find for the tranny at the moment was the Castrol, havent run the bike yet , doing that tomorrow, Thanks again guys.

Hi all, i know this has been belted from pillar to post as i have been reading all the comments about WHICH oil.As i am from down under we sometimes have difficulty in purchasing some of the oil we here about. So today out of my 05 heritage went all the mineral oil. In went.
ENGINE. Mobil 1 v-twin 20w-50 synthetic. Finally found a supplier
TRANNY. Castrol Manual Syntrax 75w-90 synthetic.
PRIMARY. HD Formula+
now for the all important question, am i on the right track, any comments GOOD or BAD will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and help
thehoggyboy.

You'll do just fine with this combination.:D

Back