free website stats program Judged trike show location during bike week in florida | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Judged trike show location during bike week in florida

Re: Beginning in March and lasting the month.

The State of Georgia has received a $70,000.00 federal grant to implement motorcycle only checkpoints.

There is 1 ray of HOPE that does shine through. Since most Government agencies have about a 10% efficiency rate when it comes to spending taxpayers money,,, spending 70K won't buy them much more than a wooden lemonade stand and 1 cop eating a doughnut. Within 2 weeks that 70 grand will be toast along with the program.

Im still undecided as of now if I will be attending Daytona's Bike Event. I will let you all know in about a week or so.

Beginning in March and lasting the month.

The State of Georgia has received a $70,000.00 federal grant to implement motorcycle only checkpoints. This is disguised as a safety-compliance check point when it is in fact a revenue shakedown of bikers. They will be writing citations for tags, pipes that are not EPA compliant, MC endorsements and equipment violations. You will be asked to consent to a search of your bags, refuse. No MC endorsement? You will be arrested if your state requires an endorsement and you don’t have it. If you do not have proof of insurance they will tow your bike. If you are caught with dope or prescription meds not in their original pill bottle with the pharmacy tag they will seize your bike and you will be arrested. You will not get the bike back. They will be setting up shop in the rest areas with big flashing signs detouring bikes. Those that do not stop will be chased down and cited. Understand this has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with generating money for the state and increasing their asset forfeiture account.

This will be directed at I-75 and I-95 but they could be on any road in the state.

Even though Im legal and my trike and trailer is legal. Since this is all about revenue for the State of Ga. It would take only one hard nosed LEO to write me a ticket just because it would be cheaper for me to pay the fine then to dispute the violation in court in a state other than mine.

Whether I ride to Daytona to enter my bike in that show or not to attend at all. Is still up in the air. So far by not going. I'm out 40 bucks for the preregistration for the show. Which incidentally is cheaper than any ticket they may slap me with.

zoood

They plan on making money. Thats what this is about,... Like I said before It would take only one hard nosed LEO to write me a ticket just because it would be cheaper for me to pay the fine then to dispute the violation in court in a state other than mine.

In the mean time, Im doing the body work and getting the trike ready to paint. I told mama we're going! Maybe I'll take first place because no one else shows for the show. lol

There is 1 ray of HOPE that does shine through. Since most Government agencies have about a 10% efficiency rate when it comes to spending taxpayers money,,, spending 70K won't buy them much more than a wooden lemonade stand and 1 cop eating a doughnut. Within 2 weeks that 70 grand will be toast along with the program.

Now that's funny Hoop!!

They plan on making money. Thats what this is about,... Like I said before It would take only one hard nosed LEO to write me a ticket just because it would be cheaper for me to pay the fine then to dispute the violation in court in a state other than mine.

In the mean time, Im doing the body work and getting the trike ready to paint. I told mama we're going! Maybe I'll take first place because no one else shows for the show. lol

>They will be writing citations for tags, pipes that are not EPA compliant, MC endorsements and equipment violations.<

The EPA thing was my only concern. Found out that EPA compliant pipes were started in 2007. My trike is a 1993. So Im still at the body prep work on the trike for painting.

zoood/RJ

Back