free website stats program Jim's Hydrosolids | Harley Davidson Forums

Jim's Hydrosolids

gasteward

I installed a set of Jim's Hydrosolid lifters (these are not HD clones, they have reduced hydraulic play and act like solid lifters at higher RPM) in my 95" 2003 Dyna.

I have had extremely negative results and would like to know what experiences others have had.

The stock, one piece pushrods were removed about two weeks after I purchased the bike, new in 2003. I have been running SE adjustables. The adjustables seem to be the problem, since I installed the Hydrosolids, I cannot stop them from coming loose. Three times I have lost a cylinder due to a shortened push rod.???

I assume the lifters are preloaded correctly, and the adjuster nut is coming loose.(?) If the adjuster nut is tight enough I wonder how it is loosening up. Maybe a small dab of Loctite Blue on clean threads will help.

if you go on jims web site you will see that they tell you to use their pushrods and how to adjust them when you use their hydrosolids in their tech section

I installed a set of Jim's Hydrosolid lifters (these are not HD clones, they have reduced hydraulic play and act like solid lifters at higher RPM) in my 95" 2003 Dyna.

I have had extremely negative results and would like to know what experiences others have had.

I had these installed in my 92HP 1995 Road King (1340 Evo). I had great results! At approximately 5200 RPM they act like solid lifters. I raced in the 1/8th mile and routinely shifted at 7,000RPM. ETs were 7.35 @95MPH.

What negative results are you experiencing?

Back