free website stats program JackPot | Harley Davidson Forums

JackPot

cowjammer

Ive a friend who works at the local scrap yard. Today he showed me a moto that an elderly lady brought in to scrap. the motor is complete and the only #s we found on the carb say its an 1912 Harley. It is v twin and the ones I could find on the web that resembel it are either a flying Merkel or a 1914 Dayton ! She said her late husband had it for years. They graciously gave her 18cent a pound for it ! And I do have pics but I got a lovely virus for Xmas so I cant up load them. Does any one know how to research this and find the make and Value ? It has no case markings at all ?:newsmile093:

I would've been straight with the old gal and told her it was worth more.
I want to sleep at night.

Ive a friend who works at the local scrap yard. Today he showed me a moto that an elderly lady brought in to scrap. the motor is complete and the only #s we found on the carb say its an 1912 Harley. It is v twin and the ones I could find on the web that resembel it are either a flying Merkel or a 1914 Dayton ! She said her late husband had it for years. They graciously gave her 18cent a pound for it ! And I do have pics but I got a lovely virus for Xmas so I cant up load them. Does any one know how to research this and find the make and Value ? It has no case markings at all ?:newsmile093:

This going to be tough, I have a collector friend in MN, if u have pictures I can forward them and we can try to figure it out

Ill check out the site. I did find a vintage bike site with all the old scoots from a to z . Thats were I seen the photos of the Merkel and the Dayton. as for pics I do have them but this Lovely virus has my uploading capabilitys on the fritz. I truly dont see how these people get there jolly by messin up others computers,I mean its not like you get to see youre handy work.

If you resell it, or fix it up and resell it, you could track her down and maybe give her a little taste of the profits? It may be a valuable bike and sending her a couple of hundred or a percentage maybe be a big deal for her.
Anyway, it sounds like you did hit a jackpot if it's at all complete. Just parting it out to collectors may be the way to go. Original parts will bring big bucks.

If you resell it, or fix it up and resell it, you could track her down and maybe give her a little taste of the profits? It may be a valuable bike and sending her a couple of hundred or a percentage maybe be a big deal for her.
Anyway, it sounds like you did hit a jackpot if it's at all complete. Just parting it out to collectors may be the way to go. Original parts will bring big bucks.

Don't think it would be too hard to do. If it's anything like the scrapyards here, just about anything SOLD to them an I.D. of seller has to be shown.....

Back