free website stats program -It was one of those days- | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

-It was one of those days-

Don't sound too bad. You got a flat and cost you some money, but you had some time on the bike, made it safely to a rest area and had a great conversation with someone. I'd take it over my day yesterday sitting in training and dealing with people at work.

Thanks for sharing, it was a good read, especially since everything turned out ok in the end.

Dave sounds like you made a good day out of a bad one. Just making it to the gas station and not being stranded in the middle of the swamp was fortunate, but meeting someone interesting to talk to who also shared your interest in motorcycles was icing on the cake. Since he had an FL at home did you mention HDTALKING? Glad your OK and back on the road. Don

"Anyhow I finally get home, grab a beer and sit out on the drive. You know a bad day biking is better than a good day working.
Later...R_W_B"

Been there, and couldn't agree more!! :bigsmiley12:

Last edited:
Great story to share & good ending (less the $319). Always nice to meet new faces & glad so see a fellow biker from another country trying to lend a hand. Bet the beer was good too...;)

Hay..Thanks for the good read...Glad you didnt end up in the ditch.. The part with MR BMW sounds cool..:D

... .... .... .... ....
Since he had an FL at home did you mention HDTALKING? Glad your OK and back on the road. Don

I sure did, but he had not heard of it. He said he was on some forum I had never heard of. I can't even remember what it was.

While I was at the HD place I was looking at some cast aluminum w/chrome wheels for $449 each. They did not have them in stock. I'm really trying to figure how I can financially get those (and the floating disc pads required).

But now I have a new tube tire ? I guess that means I can't mount it tubeless?

I would like you guys input on all the advantages of cast over laced.
I mean besides being easier to clean and polish, can you actually use fix a flat on these things or is it still a tow but less chance of a blow out?
Just whatever you can tell me on the scenario.

Don't know what the dealer put on but I'll bet it will mount on a tubless rim.

I sure did, but he had not heard of it. He said he was on some forum I had never heard of. I can't even remember what it was.

While I was at the HD place I was looking at some cast aluminum w/chrome wheels for $449 each. They did not have them in stock. I'm really trying to figure how I can financially get those (and the floating disc pads required).

But now I have a new tube tire ? I guess that means I can't mount it tubeless?

I would like you guys input on all the advantages of cast over laced.
I mean besides being easier to clean and polish, can you actually use fix a flat on these things or is it still a tow but less chance of a blow out?
Just whatever you can tell me on the scenario.

There are lots of well priced wheels for sale on Craigslist, ebay and other sites. Like anything, you need to do your homework on what will fit your bike, and buyer beware of some ads.
I don't know why a rim would HAVE to have floating calipers, maybe something I haven't heard about.
All modern motorcycle tires are made to be run tubeless. If you look at the sidewall it should say tubeless.
Yes, many punctures can be fixed with a can of fix a flat or a plug kit. I carry both on my bike. and have got more than a half dozen riders on the road again. NOTE: ANY repair done to a motorcycle tire should be considered TEMPORARY and not be ridden at speeds or farther than necessary to get the tire replaced.
In my opinion laced wheels are beautiful, but not worth the trouble to keep polished, tightened and trued and the inability to temporarily fix.

Don't know what the dealer put on but I'll bet it will mount on a tubless rim.

.... .... ..... .....
I don't know why a rim would HAVE to have floating calipers, maybe something I haven't heard about.
All modern motorcycle tires are made to be run tubeless. If you look at the sidewall it should say tubeless. .... ..... ..... .....

Thanks for the info. It's nice to know I can still use the tire I bought. The wheels are HD product and for models with laced rims OEM it says the floating disc kit is required.

Back