free website stats program It is time! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

It is time!

March 6th!? Was I supposed to wait 'til then? Does that mean I shouldn't have been riding to work the last couple days? Stupid California weather, always messing things up!
WAP.gif

Yeah Yeah Yeah.....you california guys get all the fun! Trust me is is no fun being addicted to riding a harley when you have to put up with 3 - 4 months of snow and dream about it!

I called the dealership yesterday and set the apt for getting my bike out of storage! MARCH 6th the 2012 riding season will begin!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Have to call up soon, I too wish I had not stored it at the dealer. What part of MA are you in?

I was riding to work this morning in my truck thinking about how much more daylight there is now, and how I look forward to riding to work before long. Then there appeared a dude on an UC going the opposite direction. Put a smile on my face just knowing that he was living it up.

It has been a mild winter for sure. I think I have been out at least twice every month for a ride. was great to ride New Years Eve day and New Years Day.

Now come on Spring, hope March doesn't hit us with a curve of winter weather.

I have rode at least short rides all winter long. I even took a little spin yesterday. I am waiting on up to 14" of snow tonight, though. Will most likely be around 9", but up to to higher amount. Other than this one coming, we haven't had any snow this winter. I hope it doesn't track northeast and ruin your pickup date.

I'm glad you are getting your bike out. I could only imagine how the wait for warm weather would be. I love living in GA, we get to ride all year.

Have to say Kelly HD in Bilerica is outstanding! I was driving home from work last Tuesday and the 57 degree outside temperature guage was glaring at me and I contemplated calling Kelly HD to beg to get my bike out of storage earlier than the scheduled date. Then 3 Harleys passed me on the highway and I was on the phone.....thought I would have to beg to get it earlier because of the 2 week lead time required for pickup but Jen in the service dept. said I could have it that night if I wanted it! I couldn't get home to grab my helmet fast enough!!!! Rode her to work on Wednesday already.......took a ride with my son on Thursday afternoon........and again Saturday afternoon! The 2012 season has started early!

Also went to a performance seminar at Kelly HD yesterday afternoon with my 10 year old boy. It was pretty cool. I have no desire to do any performance upgrades to my bike but I thought my son would like to hear about how tourque and horsepower are different and how a dyno works. They did live dyno runs on stock, stage one, and stage two 103 motors and then did a dyno run on a 120R!!!! What a motor! My stock 96 has plenty of power for me so I can not imagine my bike with double the HP and torque!!!! My son just lights up when he is around bikes so it was a good event to go to at the dealership........and they had free chicken wings so how can you go wrong!:D

We've had a run of late winter squalls so roads are littered w/sand & salt...won't be venturing out until our Aprol showers clean things up a bit...:(:(

March 6th is going to be a bit early for my part of the country, just got back from a long weekend of snowmobiling with good friends. The Harley is unfortunately waiting for the Polaris to finish its season. Two feet of powder out on the range at Camp Grayling and the groomers are working the trails. When you live in Northern Michigan you just have to do what you can to maintain your sanity. Come on spring!

Back