free website stats program Iso-grips or not? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Iso-grips or not?

Another fan of the HD Aileron grip(s), but thinking about a switch to Avon...maybe. They look real cushy.

I rode with the ISO grips for over 5 years. The need for vibration reduction may not be noticable on short rides, but you can tell a significant difference when on mid to long riding days. You get used to the feel easy enough. If you have small hands though, it may not be a good fit.

+1 on the Isos. I've used them for years and really like both the feel and the looks of them. I've used other brands with "rubber" in them, but they would soon turn my palms black. The Isos don't do that. But your choice.

Ditto. +1 on the Iso Grips.

I have had the Ailerons also on quite a few bikes now. They are very comfortable and are contoured to your hand. Highly recommended.

RK_26.jpg

P9110034.jpg

I like the looks of those too. I assume since you've put them on a few bikes that they're comfortable for the long haul. BTW... will a throttle boss work on those?

They are very comfortable. I don't really know if the boss would work or not but I think it would because the end of the grip is fairly even where it would mount.

I have the Iso's with throttle boss on my E.G. and Aileron's on the Dyna. The Ailerons don't have a removable end cap for the boss. I don't know which grips I like better.

I just realized there is/are two different items called "throttle boss". One is a metal end cap that fits Iso grips only, and the other is a plastic slip on type palm rest (throttle rocker is a popular brand). I have both, and they are both worth having IMO.
throttle-rocker.jpg
kurythrottleboss-1.jpg

I just realized there is/are two different items called "throttle boss". One is a metal end cap that fits Iso grips only, and the other is a plastic slip on type palm rest (throttle rocker is a popular brand). I have both, and they are both worth having IMO.
throttle-rocker.jpg
kurythrottleboss-1.jpg

Mine is the isogrip style. I don't consciously use it but I suspect I'd miss it if it wasn't there.

Back