free website stats program is the primary whine worth it | Harley Davidson Forums

is the primary whine worth it

motor

So while i had my primary side apart,i thought i'd upgrade to the late model auto tensioner.First time i got the bike hot ,it whined like the whine when my primary chain is one click too tight.Does this bother anyone else.With the whining it would seem it would have to accelerate the pad wear, I'm thinking I may go back to the manual adjustment type. Any comments pro or con:hii

Do you hear yours whine at all.Yesterday my wife asked what was whining.It isn't real loud ,but it is darn sure is there .Same noise as chain a little too tight.

Most of the 96's with the auto tensioners have a strange whine on that side. It's probably what you are hearing.

Let it whine a bit and change the fluig again see what comes out:s

Yes 07... and they do have a strange whine to them. I never much gave it a thought because they do make noise. The ratched device keeps the chain very tight.

Are you saying that you don't hear yours .And yours is auto in 07 ,right?

Mine seemed to whine for about 1000 miles havent given it much thought lately, just change fluids often and look for debris, I think you will be OK and best of all you wont have to worry about adjusting it. Glider posted a neat trick in the self help section for ramping up the adjuster while riding and it works:D

Back