free website stats program Is the HD 883 iron or nightster a right fit for me? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is the HD 883 iron or nightster a right fit for me?

I would say that the size of the bike should be right, but many people taller ride Sportys. If you have not gone down to the dealer and at least sat on one it is hard to say if it is the right bike for you. Most dealers have different bikes you can test ride, and if you find one that you like why not rent one for a day. Most of the bikes in Harley's lineup can be modified for just about anyone.

First off, as a "new member," make sure you go back & properly introduce yourself.

Second, I can recommend anything until we know more about your riding history & experience on motorized 2-wheels. Example: had a female co-worker dead set of getting a Heritage, but ended up with XL1200L because of her legs (flat footing) and street bike experience (little, she learned on dirt bikes/ATV's). Gotta throw us a bone...

I would suggest you take as many test ride as your dealer will allow. Ride different models, you will find the one you like best, that's the right bike.

As already stated, Check your dealer for test rides, Some have a set up like a dyno, the bike is stationary but you get the feel of riding and shifting thru the gears:s

Hello and Welcome!

At 5'3", I suggest you look at the seat height and handlebar style. Harley Davidson lists the seat height for each motorcycle on their website. You really have to sit on it to see. For example, my legs are 30" and my Fat Bob seat height is 26", so I can stand over the bike fine.

However, I realized that the stock seat was 29" away from the brake pedal, so to push the brake all the way down was almost 32", which was too far for me. So I got another seat that moved me closer. I found out the first time I rode on the freeway without a windshield and the wind pushed me all the way back on that original seat!

Also check to see that your arms are long enough to reach the handlebars in a tight turn. Harley has lots of handlebars and they sometimes can adjust the original ones to be closer to the rider. If you have your mind set on a particular bike, you could also lower the seat distance by changing the shocks but you don't want the tire to rub the fender if you put more weight on the bike. My local dealer has a "Fit corner" where you can mix & match seats & handlebars on a dummy bike.

Show us a picture when you get your Harley.

Good Luck!

:44:

Back