free website stats program Is Smart Siren II from Dyna useable on Road King? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is Smart Siren II from Dyna useable on Road King?

A friend just bought a wrecked 2002 Dyna. I would like to know if the smart siren II (it has the antenna wire) from the Dyna will work on my 2002 Road King. From pictures that I have seen online, the module looks identical to the one for the RK. The connector looks the same on both bikes.

I don't have any smart siren experience, but I believe the difference in models is mostly size for location placement. If the connector is the same, it should work. Since it belongs to your friend, a trial run should be easy.

Thanks for the reply Breeze3at. I would do a trial run except for the fact he is nearly 600 miles away. I don't want to pay for shipping here and back again if it won't work.

Can't you just look up the Part# at the HD site and see if the same part number covers both models.

I have already checked the HD site and the P/N is for an installation kit for 96 to 03 Dyna models only.

I am wondering if the siren module is the same for all kits.

I won't need any mounting brackets or hardware that is included with the kit, since my bike already has the mounting bracket installed as a stock item direct from the factory.

?... Looks to me the same part number fits 02 Dyna and 02 Touring.

The P/N that my friend gave me came up with this info from the HD site:
68318-06
Fits '96-'03 Dyna® models.
MSRP US $99.95

I understand that the pager is useless and I have no need for it. I only want the siren. If the one that my friend has will work, it will be less than 1/4 of the price of the MSRP. HD parts generally cost a lot more in Canada than they do in the US (sometimes up to 3 times the price). Not to mention the 5 hour return trip to the nearest stealer.

Back