free website stats program Is 58 too old to get in to biking? | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 58 too old to get in to biking?

No way are you to old. I am 54 and recently bought a o7 flhtc. I haven't had a bike in almost 30 years. Cancer nearly ended my life so I had to start to enjoy, could'nt think of a better way.The wife and I are taking a 600mile trip this weekend. Take a refresher course if you feel the need .

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage Classic. I used to ride when I was much younger. I'm looking for something new to get in to and I'm wondering if I'm too old at 58 to start riding again. Do you guys know guys my age or older that ride?

I hope not since I am that age and have just two weeks ago purchased a new to me Sportster. The last time I rode was in Spain in 1981 and it was a lil' Ducati before that must have been in the late 60's early 70's..... Honda 305 Dream for short time. So I'm a real novice. Taking a 20 hr training course in a few weeks, in the mean time I ride some with a friend and my bro in law.

My story resembles others.... small jap bike in the early 70s... triumph chopper in the late 70s... sold out in 81 ... last fall @58 bought used sportster... loved it... sold it and now have 04 heritage... just go for it!!

At that age you can afford to ride which ever bike you want. Then you can afford to ride when you want. I got back into riding three years ago after 35 year down time. I am now 71 and can ride when and where I want. Do it and enjoy while you can...

Bill

Never too old.... Flash back to when you did ride. Remember the thrill/rush? Just turned 63 and started riding again afte 12 years ~ wish I hadn't stopped. Enjoy, take a refresher class and hopefully cope with the HD $.

Heck no. I am a 53 year old female with a year of riding under my belt. I am so thrilled to finally be riding instead of being the passenger. I am looking forward to when I have more time to ride even more.

I'm thinking about getting a Heritage Classic. I used to ride when I was much younger. I'm looking for something new to get in to and I'm wondering if I'm too old at 58 to start riding again. Do you guys know guys my age or older that ride?
I am 62 and just started riding at 59. I took the MRSC class and ride every day I can. Been to Daytona Bike Week twice and Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks 3 times, ride 200-400 miles on weekends and days off. Have made a bunch of great new friends and am having a blast. Go for it.

Back