free website stats program Is 2007 Road King the right Choice? | Harley Davidson Forums

Is 2007 Road King the right Choice?

Rickadd

I,m new on here so everyone be gentle. Been looking for a few months now for my first ride. Think I have it down to the Road King Classic. Buy new or Used? Keep hearing about the heat issues on the 2006 2007 models . Has me nervous. If I go new what upgrades help with this? Look forward to your input.
Rickadd:22:

I,m new on here so everyone be gentle. Been looking for a few months now for my first ride. Think I have it down to the Road King Classic. Buy new or Used? Keep hearing about the heat issues on the 2006 2007 models . Has me nervous. If I go new what upgrades help with this? Look forward to your input.
Rickadd:22:
Rear cylinder heating on 07 Roadkings is not that common, more so on E Glides and others with full fairings with lowers.
HD offers a computer remap but it's a joke and a half a**'ed joke at that.
the simple cure is a Oil cooler and FULL synthetic 20W50 oil (not SYN3) changed with filter every 3000- 4000 miles.

Excellent advice given above and I would add a TFI to the mix to richen up the fuel a bit. It works well on any year , not just the new ones and runs better too.I'ts a plug and play device and easy install with minimal knowledge and tools. Not the usual computer work and programming as with other units. I have one on my 07 and have put them on all my FI bikes. It's a good solution for any motor with FI that you are not going to do major mods on .

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

PS. The 05 motors had valve seal problems in earlier production dates that were covered by the HD for replacement. Try to find out some history on your 05 to see if this was done already. The dealer service bulletin was issued August 10, 2005

You can read more here.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/tech_tips/1093-oil_consumption_problems.html

Last edited:
I have had a Road king classic from march 2000, I do all my own servicing and maintenance on it. It hase never let me down I fitted a oil cooler in 2003 when I rode it to Portugal, have also toured france and Spain on it. I have recently had it triked.

John.

trikerman

When you get a minute could you post some more pics of that trike, it looks awesome!

You need 5 posts to post pics.

The Road King puts you in the class with the BIG BOYS besides being a sweet ride it has enough room to ride double without a problem.

Back