free website stats program Investigating the Interest in a Big Bend Texas Ride | Harley Davidson Forums

Investigating the Interest in a Big Bend Texas Ride

Hello all, I am planning to head out from the North Texas area for a ride into and though the Big Bend area of SW Texas. I am flexible but would like to ride this during the month of April before it gets just too hot. The most likely day for leaving, at least from where I am, would be Wednesday, either April 15th or April 22nd. Either day is good for me. The ride would be a five day ride for those starting out from the N. Texas area. Those that join us enroute would of course have fewer riding days. I plan on doing this by myself if necessary. I just love the Big Bend area this time of year; really beautiful with lots of flowers and the weather is absolutely great. Good motels along the way and some of the greatest roads in Texas (except Interstate 20 on the last day headin back into DFW).

My idea is:

Depart N. Texas (Aledo) on Wednesday AM - Hondo, Tx (308 mi)
Depart Honda, Texas Thursday AM - Marathon, Tx (286 mi)
Depart Marfa, Texas Friday AM - Terlingua, Texas (100 mi)
Depart Terlingua, Texas Saturday AM - Midland, Texas (315 mi)
Depart Midland, Texas - Home (DFW area) (299 mi)

Although this is the route I have taken a couple times, it is negotiable.

Anyone interest, please contact me here on this site (PM) or you may also call at 817-875-7497 or 817-441-1503. I know this isn't a lot of notice but I hope to stir up a few other riders anyway. I travel on an 01 Ultra.

Thanks

MasterGuns

Last edited:
Masterguns, sounds like a great trip and wish I could join you. Maybe next time around. I'm in NE Tarrant county, and work on the west side of Ft Worth.

Back