free website stats program Intermittent hard starting when warm to hot | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Intermittent hard starting when warm to hot

I never could understand why a dealer would ARGUE with a customer to prove a point. Quite simply, if you are right they accept it and if they are wrong BE JUST as gracious...why risk losing a customer over a disagreement, especially a paying one! :small3d007:

I wrote a letter to the manager of the dealership about the treatment I got from the service manager. I saw him at a Rolling Thunder meeting Monday (9/28). He told me he read my email, but I haven't heard a word from him since. Guess he is either ignoring me, or thinking really hard about what he could possibly say. Don't even really care, as I am done with them.

Sounds like Downtown Harley in Seattle. The service manager leaves a lot to be desired. He always has an excuse even before you get done explaining a problem. It's like talking to a tunnel.

All is good now! I had the compensator replaced (upgraded) with the Screamin' Eagle one (p/n 40274-08). That fixed the issue.
I have since done motor work with the help of a very close friend. I had Bean at Bad Boyz in Main, bore my jugs to 103" and ported and polished my heads. I had some very special custom work done on the breather vents that eliminates blow back. I installed Screamin' Eagle pistons (10:1), Andrews 54H cams, replaced (for no really good reason, since they were not worn at 32,000 mi) the chain tensioners. I have V&H all the way through from the Drak VO2 aircleaner, through true duals, and out Monster Ovals. I put a close map in that is running a little rich but no pop. I expect to get it dyno'd at Mike Cat's in Kenner, LA during the LA State HOG Rally at the end of March. I know one thing, this bike is wicked fast. I really hope tuning doesn't make it too much faster ;-]*. I will be interested in seeing the numbers.

i have been reading this post and i have the same problem with 07 RK.
i don't know much about machinery and to tell the truth i did not know
what a compenstor was so i started to look. what i found was it is the
small sprocket on the primary chain. is this right? if it is how would
this effect the starting of my bike? and what does it need to be replaced
with? just bear with me guys i am trying to learn and you will probably
get some dummer questions in the future.

thanks

Back