free website stats program Interesting new auto technologies | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Interesting new auto technologies

Some technology is usefull i like the climate control in the car keeps it at a comfortable temperature no matter what the weather is doing
i like to have gps to find an address i havent been to before can use it a few time a week

But on my bikes i like them simple so im staying with older ones for the moment

Brian

The worst part of this new technology is that the new kids coming up will never truely know how to drive a car. It scares my kids when I shut off the traction control on slippery roads. my reply is I drive the car it does`nt drive me.
all this new stuff is fine for the first owner , but wait until the car is ten years old & third owner , very few people will be fixing the hybrid systems, and the indi repair shops will have to listen to the grumbling.

We've gone crazy over technology simply for the sake of technology. How much of this stuff do we really need? Can't even get just a cell phone anymore - they all take pictures, play music, search for restaurants, etc. And of course the cost just keeps ratcheting up with each new innovation - initial purchase and cost to fix or replace.
Talking of technology,here's some right in your alley.I recall the technology from the mid eighties that allowed 737's that we had in 'Australian Airlines'to take off and land (tarmac to tarmac) via satellite.'Course,the pilots never talked about it all that much.:)

I'd imagine its got so much better by now.

Back